repost: Getting units to set up correctly

I have most of the scenario stuff half understood except one important bit :confused: getting units to set up in the correct set up zones.

ATM I select a bunch of units have two or three set up areas and lo and behold, they set up all over the show, hardly any IN a set up zone.

Surely there must be a more intelligent way the computer does this ?????

If anyone know how to get UNITS 1 UNITS 2 to set up in ZONE 1 and ZONE 2 that would be great

smile.gif

Thanks to whoever(s) tell me the juice ...

eric

when you select units the computer lines them up agasint one edge(the friendly edge)

when you are in zone mode you draw the red/blue/white zones for the allies and the other colors for the axis.

YOU HAVE TO MOVE THE LINED UP UNITS INTO THE ZONES YOU WANT IN THE MAP "PREVIEW" MODE.

there is no way to have the units you chose to automatically move into different zones, you have to do it by hand

Cauldron, this is the third time you're asking this, and this is the third time you get the answer:

after selecting forces for both sides and drawing the setup zones, in the MAP EDITOR, click on PREVIEW. This will get you to a 3D version of the map you just made. You are able to move units (and flags) here just like in setup mode. Put each unit into the setup zone you want it to start in. Units which start outside of any setup zone cannot NOT be moved during setup when the game begins.