New Mac; CM graphics problems

Hey all, tried to do a search on these questions, but it wasn't working for me for some reason.

Anyhoo, today I just recieved my brand-spanking-new Mac G4 466 Mhz, 256 megs RAM, and an NVIDA 32 meg graphics card.

After running CM with a computer that didn't even have a graphics card... I was waiting in breathless anticipation.

And it is better too, but there are a few problems. I was wondering if they were compatibility problems that I just have to live with or if I can fix 'em. The main 2 symptoms of problems that I can see is

1. No display of a "background" scenery, or no sky in other words. This isn't the result of a mod mixup, as the "out of box" graphics do the same thing.

2. Text on the game screan is blurred. (i.e. landmarks)

I'd appreciate any help, and thanks.

This topic will probably get moved to the tech help forum, so you know.

I'd check to see that you have the very latest drivers available. Also check for firmware updates for you model Mac.

Nvidia is new to the Mac so there's bound to be some growing pains.

Gyrene

Just as Gyrene said. I hae an all day meeting on Lean Manufacturing today and then a Concept Rec pkg so I won't be able to do any digging on this for a couple of days. I will start looking around for some info soon.

A few other things I have since noticed:

(I forgot to mention that the "sky" and "base background" are black specificly)

As a further symptom of the fuzzy lettering, I tried looking at the keystroke menu, and that was an absolute mess of black and static. The "done" button was obscured it was so bad.

Any other ideas? (I am currently looking to see if I have the new drivers)