Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New stuff at Tom´s Combat Mission HQ

Guest Tom

Gentleman ,

the weekly update on my website:

Great news for all who like Patrick T. Wares " Mini Campaign " series: Fred Hartig was so inspired by this series , that he comes up with a sequel: " Against all odds " is a mini campaign were you have to lead a company of German mot. Panzergrenadiers - through six very tricky designed scenarios - from the D-Day to their last stand in Germany.As I playtested the stuff I had the time of my life .....and I am not easy to impress. You will find this new series in the " scenario " section. And don´t forget to take a closer look at the briefings before you start the battles ! There are also two new sections on the " Report " pages: 1.)" Rules " , where you will find Franko´s great new CM Combat Rules ( original version and German translation ) and a " Gallery " , where I will post your greatest ( or funniest ) CM screenshots in the future. Sorry...no mods this weekend , but there´s a lot in the pipeline for the next days.

Regards

Tom

Cubbies Pahn ,

my site works best mit MS Internet Explorer and produces some VERY strange errors if you use Netscape. I will look at that problem someday ( just for the statistics: more than 90% of my visitors use the MS Internet Explorer ...maybe because of this strange problems ).

Cheers

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cubbies Phan:

Tom,

I've been meaning to ask you this, so.....

Why does the text on your site flash??? I can't read that fast! :eek:<HR></ems <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

Count me among the elite :D 10% who do not use Internet Explorer. Netscape 4.7x for me all the way, baby. How do you determine what browser your visitors are using? (Yes, I get the flashing text.)

Tom,

I too suffer the flashing text (however I'm happy to work through this if it means I don't need to use a product from the Dark Side).

However, the scenario areas don't provide any links to download (pictures and description but no links).

Any ideas?

Gentleman ,

thanks for your input ! I am no professional web designer , so any kind of help is highly appreciated. I will look into the problems you mentioned today.

1.) Concerning the " flashy " text thing: I guess its caused by the html part " bg properties=fixed ". This seems to be a special thing for MS IE that Netscape does not understand. This html segment fixes the background picture of a page , while you can freely move/scroll other parts of the site.

2.) Netscape seems to produce strange results if you put links on images. I was aware of this problem , so I am in the progress of redesigning the individual scenario/mod pages. You will find the " Download " buttons below each picture in the near future.

I will look into the basic code of the scenario main side today. Since some IE Users have also problems ( strange enough everything works fine here ) I guess I have messed up the html code somewhere.

BTW: after you hit the " scenario " button in the