Damn you Combat Mission

Guest Pershing Predator

Guest Pershing Predator

Now, noone start flaming me all of a sudden, i'm just here to tell a short tale of Combat Mission and the things it has done to my brain.

Summer of 2000 I bought this game, and was immediately enthralled. Compared to the other RTS games out there, this one blew them away. I was enjoying myself immensely, and convinced four other friends to buy the game so we could all revel in its wonders.

Sadly, however, I began desiring other games with just as much detail, and the same level of quality and fun. And so, much to my own horror, I bought Jane's F/A-18 Simulator. Now, for those of you who don't know about Jane's games, i'll put it simply. There is a command for every key on the keyboard, and then some.

So now, I split time between F/A-18 and Combat Mission. It is humourous, going from 1940's Infantry and Armor warfare to dropping millions of dollars of the latest ordinance on oil refineries. The only problem now is deciding which obsession to bow to first, and which to bow to second. To admire the thrill of circling a platoon with a White Scout Car and decimating it or the thrill of watching a missile splash yet another MiG.

Yes, I know this is completely off topic, yes, I know this thread will probably get locked or something. But, I just felt it neccessary to ask if anyone else has had an experience like mine because of Combat Mission. As in, going from the games which were "Target their single infantryman! (Wait) Wow, watch than energy bar go down!" to games that are "Allright, first we switch the Radar to Active mode, then we wait for the enemy infantry to attempt to fire any SAMs at which point we shall fire the cruise missiles." If so, then i'll know i'm not insane. If not, I guess the loony bin's not that bad after all.

Pershing Predator

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

You still have CMBO right? Then whats the problem?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

I usually spend most of my time playing CMBO or surfing the net for CMBO related sites. But there are times when I feel like strapping myself into an F4U and blazing some Zekes outta the sky in CFS2 (Love the Smoketrails on that game!) I have the same problem with my limited time and all, so I usually end up wasting most of it debating on which game to play...

-Mo

------------------

"For every soldier that died at Dieppe, ten were saved on D-Day"

--Lord Louis Mountbatten

Think thats bad

Yesterday was my B-day, after a night of parties , I wake up about 3 PM (ya late). I wake up today and friends (also CM palyers) come over for while. 4 friends each has a brand new WWII game for me. Holy crap!!!

I thought the parties were my presents, I said. CJ my best friend said, "we would of given them to you last night if we did not have to carry you out of the party and drive you home and put you on the couch." Ya after about 2:00 am I do not remember anything. Those bastards and that Tequilla.

My problem is 2 days ago I bought Panzer elite and B-17. Now I got Hidden & Dangerous, Panzer commander, Microsoft Combat flight simulator I & II, Panzer General II, III, and Close Combat Normandy.

I got 6 new games and don't even know which to play. I have play Hidden & Dangerous and I think it is great. Although it does crash from time to time. It is not that often though. I never even heard of it. I like it alot.

Oh ya I also got Janes WWII fighter and the lose Combat set that includes all of them but Normandy.

Total about 10 games within a month.

More games than I know what to do with.

[This message has been edited by Shatter (edited 01-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Shatter (edited 01-07-2001).]