BTS...CM2 terrain tile scale?

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Von Schrad,

I was refering to the fact that vehicles in the game are "invisible", unless they're burning. Tanks can fire through one another, infantry can kill enemy infantry on the other side of a tank, etc. That's a big flaw that's often overlooked, I dunno why.

Originally posted by aka PanzerLeader:

Before they add enhancements like that they should fix the "Ghost Tank" syndrome, IMHO. Then they could start adding to the game. Better make sure the cake is perfect before adding the icing!

That is also refered to as LOS and LOF thru live and dead (non burning ) AFV's and it has been disccused to death.

here is the thread and I highly doubt we will see it "fixed" in CM2.

check out this thread and read the posts

about Method 1 vs. Method 2

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/008989.html

-tom w

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Tom, I am well aware of that discussion. And I don't request anything either. I'm just saying, if they can do 10m tiles, why can't they get rid of the Ghost Tank thingy? Is it easier to do? I'd think 10m tiles would also require a lot of new LOS calculations.

aka Panzerleader -

it is a LOS issue, but it is also a processor issue. IIRC Steve has written that to accurately model cover/LOS/LOF with respect to vehicles would be a huge processor hit.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super