If I Only Buy Two Reference Books....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coralsaw:

Where can one find it (in the UK or in via the web)Doc?

Thx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can buy the game ASL online from www.advancedsquadleader.com.

But, if you're going to play the game, I'd wait until January. MMP has a second edition rulebook coming out then.

Also, you local game store should have it as well. Be forwarned, it is not an inexpensive hobby.

Good luck!

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

A good Reference Book on German AFVs is "Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two" It contains pictures and information all every German AFV ever used during the war. Several of us here on the board have this book. I bought mine while still waiting for CM's release this past summer.

60 bucks!! That isn't small change for a rulebook of a game I won't play. But, I am intrigued. I played SL for years, and loved it, so there would be some sentimental value. And if it did read like a reference manual to Combat Mission, I would be psyched. I often wish that CM came with a men/weapons/equipment/vehicles guide. I hope when the next version comes out there will be some reviews of it on this board to help me make up my mind. Thanks for the tip!

Guest AbnAirCav

As I just posted to another thread, a reference work that I've found useful is the spiral bound HPS Simulations Encyclopedia of Land Combat. It's more of an overview type of work, with illustrations & short blurbs on quite a few weapon systems. I've gotten my money's worth, but it doesn't have a lot of depth (as you can see from the example scan at their site).

If I could only have two reference works, tho, since it doesn't have much depth doubt I'd choose it. Probably Chamberlain's Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two as Maximus suggested, as well as his companion British and American Tanks of World War Two. Don't guess they have much in the way of tactics, IIRC.

(edited to clean up the HTML)

[This message has been edited by AbnAirCav (edited 12-21-2000).]