Gunslingers GRU 1.0 upgrade

Lane

I am downloading files now. have the big one

done 24 megs and working on 16 megs file.

I will backup my bmp folder with all my mods.

Question? What happens to all my mods when

I overwrite them with the GRU upgrade?

And what happens when you run a night scenario.?

Thanks for any info smile.gif

Lane

Any mod you had installed prior to installing GSU will most likely be overwritten and lost.

As for night scenarios what is that supposed to mean? CM uses the same BMPs and Wavs whether it's day or night. The GSU mod will work day or night.

Los

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lane:

I am downloading files now. have the big one

done 24 megs and working on 16 megs file.

I will backup my bmp folder with all my mods.

Question? What happens to all my mods when

I overwrite them with the GRU upgrade?

And what happens when you run a night scenario.?

Thanks for any info smile.gif

Lane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think your mods will just disappear, so you're right to back them up.

I've kept the option of switching between the two by having three bmp folders in the main Combat Mission folder: one for various modified bmps, one for the GRU modified set, and one for the original as per the installation. Each folder has a name that reflects its contents, but the one I'm currently using is called just "Bmp". To change, I just rename that one to, in this case, GRU_Bmp and rename, say MOD_Bmp, to just "Bmp".

To avoid confusion, I have a text file in each one that has a filename like "GRU Bmp folder.txt". I sounds a bit messy, but it means I can switch from one to the other much more quickly than by copying and pasting back and forth between different folders.

Hope this helps.

Maybe for CM2 BTS could actually formalize the MOD process, define the BMPs that make up all the objects, and provide an interface for organizing and selecting which object and sets of objects you wish to have active...

Or, better yet, BTS could just define a way to do this, and let someone else write and release the interface, and they can spend their time doing better things...

Jeff