Trouble with my MMG.

It seems my M1919 MMG teams do very little damage, even at close range. In a scenario IM working on there is a M1919 MMG in pine forest. He has a friendly infantry team near by. Both are hidden. At a certain point German infantry move into sight of the MG (witch is well within grenade range as they are in pine forest). The MG will open fire and get of an average of 2 to 3 separate bursts before the Germans will even hit the deck. I then check the German unit for casualties, and find none. About this time the friendly infantry (at about the same range) will open up on the hapless German sqd to great effect. I tested this at least 6 times, and the MG at very closer range Never (0 times)caused casualties. It does scare the crap outta the German sqd, who then runs and hits the deck.

I then tried the same test with a German LMG42, and 4 out of 6 times the Poor American sqd took casualties with the 1st burst from the LMG42. 5 out of 6 times the American sqd was wiped out in very little time. To make it even worse I had the American 1919MMG set to “Crack” (hehe) and the German LMG42 set to Regular.

I know the LMG42 was an awesome weapon, but how could the M1919 MMG be so bad at such close range? When I tested I used the same terrain and location on the map. I just swapped out troop types. Has anyone noticed this before?

------------------

Semper Fi.

Guest Shatter50

I noticed this as well. I set up most of my machinegunners with a little distance besides those I move into buildings and the gunners with distance seem to cause more casualties and kills than those that are positioned close. But this could be due to the fact the closer gunners come under fire more often.