ColCoolJ Textures

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reddog:

ColCoolJ... how about an update on the tweaked textures v2? Whens it due, what does it include etc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did get a peek yesterday and it looks great. Not that that answers your questions, just like to show off...

------------------

Andreas

I can't tell you when it will be out, its still a while away. I'm juggling a few things at the moment smile.gif

It will include everything, including a kitchen sink biggrin.gif

To get a taste of what's coming hop to my site and see my all new batch of pics! And this is supposed to be a turn based wargame??? Damn! Halflife never looked this good! tongue.gif

------------------

Check out my CM mods, Music and artwork :)

www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Its the Cherry that sunk the Bismark - it was a cover up I tell tongue.gif

Well if you look closely, some of those Tall pines are indeed from the Maddog pack, and so are the tree base tetxures. So they can work well together smile.gif But you have to keep in mind that as with anything another done by 2 different people, there are difference in colour palette and lighting etc, so individual taste still governs what you think looks good and what doesn't when they are used together. As far as overlap goes, yeah there will be quite a large amount of overlap. The textures are basicly for my own use, and so because of that, I am planning to change everything that I don't like and/or could be depicted differently. Vehicles for instance can have dozens of cammo patterns, depending on the time during the war, mainly the German stuff. So I plan to do a few different cammo schemes for the "Biggie" German AFVs smile.gif I dunno what the Maddog plans are, but I suspect Matt and crew will be doing something similar to what I'm doing smile.gif So you will be a pretty spoiled bunch. I think there are a few other modders out there too - Kess of Red Baron fame was gonna do a mod, but I had a look at his web site recently and the CM section has been wiped so maybe not?

As you can imagine, this will take a while. So don't expect anything in a hurry tongue.gif

I'm not a fan of releasing things piecemeal, since I like things to look cohesive. So with that in mind, I will be releasing the buildings, trees, landscaping etc as one lot, soldiers as another and then individual packs of vehicles. Well that's the plan, but my mileage may vary - no promises biggrin.gif

------------------

Check out my CM mods, Music and artwork :)

www.geocities.com/coolcolj