Knocking myself out?!

I'm seeing something strange (I've seen a lot of strange things in my life) in the game. When a tank fires at a target at close range, it gets knocked out by itself. What's up with that? It's usually at the ground against an inf. target.

Mike

Had this happen a couple days ago. A Nashorn that was near the crest of a hill fired at some guys about 200 yards way. The round didn't clear the hill....and the blast knocked out the Nashorn!

Jeeze.

This has been known to happen. Especially to open top AFV's. I saw an American M10 tank destroyer controlled by the computer player do this to itself trying to fire its main gun at my infantry at extremely close range. Couldn't figure it out for longest time. Had FOW off though because I was doing some testing. When I checked the M10's kill record it showed that it had killed, you guessed it, 1 M-10 TD.

Mikester out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikester:

This has been known to happen. Especially to open top AFV's. I saw an American M10 tank destroyer controlled by the computer player do this to itself trying to fire its main gun at my infantry at extremely close range. Couldn't figure it out for longest time. Had FOW off though because I was doing some testing. When I checked the M10's kill record it showed that it had killed, you guessed it, 1 M-10 TD.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was the experience level of the M-10? I can see this happening with a Green or even possibly Regular crew. Would be surprised if this happened w/Veterans or above.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe