Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Voodoo 3000 Users

Can anyone here using a Voodoo 3000 play the game at the higher resolutions? When I try to do so, it reverts back to 800 X 600.

My system is an AMD K-6 500mhz with 256mb RAM. Do I just need to update to a better video card to see these resolutions?

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

The kids are playing on a non MMX Pentium 166 with a Voodoo 3000 PCI and 48 Mb RAM.

It's 1024*768...

So I guess you'd better update to the latest 3000 Drivers as they do the tricks.

------------------

I shake my thingy in your general direction. Bauhaus

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 11-27-2000).]

Hi Colonel

I use a AMD K3 500 with 128mg ram, and a voodoo 3000 agp card. I have been able to play the game at 1600x1200 when I want to, although anything above 1078x780 eventually leads to the "white screen of voodoo death". What OS are you using? I have Win 98 SE. This has worked for me using 3dfx drivers 1.03 up to the latest 1.06. Feel free to email me or post here and we can try to work it out. However, should you email me, know that I will not see the light of day until 2300 EST tomorrow. frown.gif

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Freyland (edited 11-27-2000).]

I must be doing something wrong then. I updated my drivers and can play in 1024*768 but I don't notice any difference in graphics at all! The only thing that's different is that the interface is smaller. That's it.

What differences am I supposed to notice? What's a good way to see the difference?

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.