Special Challenges for CM2

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flipper:

paul carell's "hitler move's east 1941-1943"

is a great book don't know how accurate but still got alot of good stuff in it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Accurate enough that Glantz and a few others have refrenced Carrell's books in some of their works.

Regards, John Waters

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 08-08-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BasilD:

I was thinking about cavalry and I would imagine the horses would have to be modeled as seperate transport units, since one usually didnt fight from horseback tho I imagine you COULD do so at a penalty, not to mention it wouldn't be too clever if under return fire.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Russians did mount some attacks on horseback. How common these were, I'm not sure, nor am I sure if they were continued after a certain time frame. I'd imagine that sooner or later cavalry charges became too costly even for Soviet commanders.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

IMHO, since it's to be called Operation Barbarossa (and not say Eastern Front), it seems to me that CM2 will only cover the first year or so of the campaign. I think the number of vehicles/units needed to be modeled would become too great otherwise if they wanted to keep the same level of detail as in CMBO.

If they could only put a small timezone in there, I would like it go from fall 1942 to summer 1943. That way we can get Stalingrad, Kursk, Kharkov etc.

If it only modeled the "Barbarossa" part that wouldn't be that great. First few months the Germans slaughtered everything.

Von Brizee wrote:

First few months the Germans slaughtered everything.

In some places that would include themselves. See for example the battles of Salla and Kalastajasaarento.

The Germans had some pretty heavy losses in the Northmost part of the front and their performance in the South end was not extraoridinary, either. These troubles were hidden in constant reports of successess of Army Groups North and Center.

- Tommi