About the Bergman Mods????

I have tried to use the batch files but they are all named the same; so if have placed the T8 batch file in CMBO then try to put the M4 batch it is an overwrite as they are named the same...are they?? do they load ALL Bergman US vehicles as modded by Bergman?? I tried renaming them and only got error messages.

Or do I simply need a crowbar to remove my head from my backsides??

What Marco said, Pathfinder.

And a bit of a further clarification may help:

Because the batch files have evolved as Marco has added mods, to be safe you should install the mods in the *ORDER THEY WERE RELEASED* (check the README files or see below)to insure all the batch files for all nationalities remain current, or at least, install his latest one last. This insures that you don't overwrite a later batch file with an older one.

Here's the order that Bergman's "Multi-national Batch" mods where issued:

M4 & M4A3 Sherman

- U.S./Free French

Sherman III & V

- British/Canadian/Polish

Firefly & Sheman IIa

- British/Canadian/Polish

Firefly & Sherman IIa camo version (joint with Molek)

- British camo/British non-camo

T8 Recon Car & Stuart 'Roo

- U.S./British/Canadian

Each time a new mod is released the single master batch file for that nationality is updated. Thus, the latest Brit batch is in the T8 mod, latest Polish batch is in the Firefly mod, and latest Free French batch is in the M4A3 mod.

Hopefully not too confusing, and well worth it for the nation-specifc markings and details. biggrin.gif

- Old Dog

Marco:

I notice that the Sherman II (Brits/Poles/Cunucks) still carries the US Star on it's side. Is this because it's early use by the allies did not give them ample time to paint according to their standards? Or, have I somehow missed a portion of your mods?

Fantastic stuff! Any update on your Stuart Lt. (Recon) Tank?

Marco:

I notice that the Sherman II (Brits/Poles/Cunucks) still carries the US Star on it's side. Is this because it's early use by the allies did not give them ample time to paint according to their standards? Or, have I somehow missed a portion of your mods?

Fantastic stuff! Any update on your Stuart Lt. (Recon) Tank?

The Sherman II is currently cunningly disguised as an unmodified texture set. I hope to clear up this confusion when the Stuart megapack is complete.

The only part of the Sherman II currently changed is the turret, since that's common to all 75mm M4s. And yes, the M4A1 and Sherman II use exactly the same texture. So, patience. ( waiting builds character. )

Finally almost completed my urgent tool drawings, so I can go back to Mr Stuart. About a week, I suspect.

Marco,

Thanks again for your batch files with the great MODS. And whats even better, you gave me a good idea. A week or two ago I downloaded a mod that gives you sholder patches for the US uniforms. The only down side was the french were wearing them also. So I edited your US and FF batch files to change them back and forth for me. Now get back to work on the Stuarts.

Dave

------------------

My front is pushed back.My right gives way.Situation Excellent! I am attacking!

Ferdinand Foch 1916

Originally posted by bfamily33:

Marco:

During Operation Overlord all allied units used the white star to aid in recognition.

------------------

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity

According to my various references, it seems that was only true for softskins. Commonwealth tanks seem to have had either an air-recognition ringed star on the roof, or nothing at all.

Roof stars for the Shermans will probably be slipped in as an optional texture with the Sherman II pack, or else packaged along with an already completed (but unreleased) hull front/nose enhancement and options pack for Sherman III/V.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

According to my various references, it seems that was only true for softskins. Commonwealth tanks seem to have had either an air-recognition ringed star on the roof, or nothing at all.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're probably right, I was speaking from my memory of making plastic kits during my mispent youth rather than any reference I've read recently. I certainly remeber the white stars on British trucks.

------------------

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity