Fog of War setting

Well I've played for 3 whole days now and can't get enough! One thing I've noticed, though (much to my chagrin) is that often (but not always) the FOW at the beginning of the game is on NONE instead of FULL -exactly the opposite of what I'd expect in a wargame. The end result being several ruined scenarios after carefully positioning each and every unit during the setup phase -only to have the entire opposing OOB revealed to me during the first turn.

Of course, I should've paid attention when I chose the scenario, but I (and probably some other newbies out there) just assume the FOW will be set to the most realistic setting. Maybe BTS should think of making the default for all scenarios FULL fog of war instead of NONE -in the next patch perhaps?

Seems like this may be a bug-related issue. I think I have seen where it is supposed to be set to full as the default. But like you, I have seen that is not always the case. For me, some of the battles have it set to full, others none. I'm just making sure that I look closely before I actually fire up the scenario.

Guest Madmatt

This is fixed in the next patch. In fact it *MAY* be fixed 1.02 (only available from the second pressing of the CD's) but I know for sure it was looked into recently and is fixed in 1.03 which will be the next patch revision.

Glad you like the game and welcome aboard!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-19-2000).]

***********DELETED************

Dang!you guys post fast!!!

[This message has been edited by mch (edited 07-19-2000).]

Geeeez,

leave the computer to take a wizz and get 5 replies before I sit back down again. Talk about customer service! I also have version 1.02, so I'll sit tight so I'll just have to pay closer attention until then.

thanks for the quick response