When I create a "Quick Battle" PBEM game, why is the medium map so wide??

Whenever I go through the Quick Battle process of creating a map and the conditions for PBEM play, I always end up the w-i-d-e-s-t maps imaginable. If I could make the other ends friendly to each side, there would be a nice long map instead, but there ain't no option for that.

------------------

[This message has been edited by an international conspiracy of Euro-Anarchists.]

I agree. There is too much difference in the QB map widths between small and medium. The medium map is too wide IMHO for most "medium-sized" forces to adequately defend.

This is quite a problem for "medium-sized" AI defenders, who end up spread across the whole width and thus weak everywhere. Against a human unafraid to fight a maneuver battle on the defensive, this isn't such a problem. But it leads to a long string of attacker walkovers against the AI.

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

Yes, I couldn't believe it myself!!

It's probably some kind of oversight.

If people want a good medium sized game then they really have to play a Scenario or download a custom map, especially in PBEM.

------------------

[This message has been edited by an international conspiracy of Euro-Anarchists.]

It is the same way with large maps and 5000 pt. quick battles. I thought I read somewhere on the forum that the maps are automatically scaled to a certain size depending on the number of points chosen for the battle - i.e. a "medium" map for a 1500pt quick battle would be smaller than a "medium" map for aa 2500pt quick battle. I noticed this when I played some 5000pt quick battles versus the AI, and the maps seemed huge to defend even with 5000 points to spend!

Please correct me if I am wrong.

------------------

CrapGame