Crew ammo: 15 or "low"?

I've noticed that crews from knocked out / abandoned vehicles have "low" ammo but crews from guns / mortars that have been destroyed or abandoned have 15 ammo points (as before).

Both types of crew are pretty messed up (panic, broken or routed) and have the dreaded exclamation point.

This is in the v1.1b24.

Shouldn't the gun crews also have "low" ammo?

It's not a big issue but it feels inconsistent.

Not knowing the truth, I'll answer anyway.

When a crew evacuates from a blown up vehicle, they wouldn't grab any extra ammo boxes.

Just getting out in time is enough.

The weapon crews, on the other hand, get to carry their weapons and spare ammo

all the time. No extra grabbing required.

I would think that some of the crews that bail out, would have some ammo that varies.

For example, a crew that bails from a burning wreck may have low ammo, or 1 or 2 points.

However, one that bails from a knocked out AFV may get some more ammo.

This type of variant would reflect the haste required just to get out of a brew up, while some ammo would be like, "Oh crap, we gotta get out of here. Let me grab my gun and SOME ammo since it is still a battlefield out there, and they'll be shooting at me."

My $0.02 on it.

(please note, I haven't used the beta yet, I prefer to wait till most bugs are ironed out.)

[This message has been edited by Dr. Brian (edited 12-28-2000).]

The amount of ammo the vehicle crews have was reduced to "low" some time ago.

I just thought that the change, for some reason, wasn't made to the gun crews.

Since the change was made to obstruct "gamey" use of crews it seemed logical (at least to me :)) that the change should be made to the gun crews as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kurtz:

Since the change was made to obstruct "gamey" use of crews it seemed logical (at least to me :)) that the change should be made to the gun crews as well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about the gun crews, but, I've noticed that my vehicle crews do come out loaded with 15 ammo points. However, this does not bother me, and I like to use them as what you term "gamey." For me, just the fact that they have no real firepower, and their elimination would cost me dearly in points, would be enough to keep me from using them a lot of the times. However, in desperate times… desperate measures are required to win the game.

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Brian:

I've noticed that my vehicle crews do come out loaded with 15 ammo points.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's because you play with 1.05. The change was made in one of the beta versions.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kurtz:

It's because you play with 1.05. The change was made in one of the beta versions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I'm with you. smile.gif

Just want to say that the 15 ammo doesn't really bother me. Crews are pretty weak anyway and to put them into harms way is costly anyway, but, just in case, I may want to. wink.gif

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!