MODS Question

In regards to MODS: Has anyone thought of doing a MOD manager program? In my playing experience, I often change the appearance of vehicles and uniforms to suit the scenario (i.e. change turret #s and camo patterns on my Panthers, change the German Infantry to LW Field Division, etc.) Rather than constantly copying/pasting, would it be possible to make a mod manager program? I would myself, however I have no experience in computer programming. I also had one additional idea (time consuming, I know) for the mod makers: I recently downloaded some excellent HI-RES "LAH" Panther mods from TGN site. The Panthers now look so good that it makes the other vehicles in the unit look odd, and I only wished I could apply the same Hi-Res camo to all of the vehicles. Would it be possible to make "Camo Mod Packs" that would mod all German vehicles to have the same camo pattern? You could then change all vehicles between "ambush" "stripes" "mottled" "camo w/ additional foliage", etc.,(to represent the same unit) or change one vehicle at a time (to represent vehicles from fifferent units formed as a KG). A mod pack could also be done to represent a particular unit: i.e.: A "HJ" mod pack would change all the tanks and uniforms to have a similar appearance, as opposed to a "Lehr" pack, or a "KG Pieper" pack, etc.

There is one being tested as we speak. Matt will have it on his site as soon as they are satisfied that it is working correctly. But when that might be you'd have to ask him.

Mord

Welcome to the forum Oak , hope you enjoy the banter that goes on here from time to time. If you are a mac user there are 2 Mod Manager programms to be found at CMHQ...makes cut and paste a thing of the past. If yer a pc user i think a pc version of the Mod manager is in the works somewhere.

Now is the CM BORG still around....?

Måkjager smile.gif

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

Forgot about the Mac Managers. I don't have a Mac so I never even think about it. the version I am talking about is for the PC. There was a discussion on here a week or two ago about it and last I read it was under going the tests. So who knows? but MadMatt said he'd post it at CMHQ as soon as it is ready and worthy.

Mord