What are the Mac system requirements???

Rob/1,

Theoretically it shouldn't work at all, but I'm running on a Gen One, 233 MHz iMac which has 64 MB of RAM and a 2 MB ATI Rage board. It'll display in 800 x 600, but you wont' be happy with the image quality. I'm running at a crisp, easily viewable 640 x 480, but with so little VRAM, I can't use transparent smoke, the cool new explosions or see the dust clouds when a building collapses.

I plan to add 4 MB of VRAM just as soon as I can get the money together. That should give me the bells and whistles, at the much more appealing 800 x 600 properly rendered.

Hope this helps.

John Kettler

I'm using a iMac DV SE with 192 megs RAM and the standard 16 meg ATI graphics card. The gold demo runs fine in 800 x 600 resolution. I think some of the larger scenarios/operations will tax it a bit, especially with all the graphics options turned on, although I can't say for sure as I haven't received the game yet (sniffle, sniffle). If I could, I'd up the VRAM.

The only spec which I'm not sure about in my case is the "603e 200MHz w/o 3D card". Well, I've got a G3 Powerbook with chip that is 300+ MHz (I forget exactly), but sure as heck no add-on graphics card. I'm assuming that this will do it? Looks like a dream game, but I've only just downloaded the demo and won't be able to spin it for some time yet.

Cheers,

Carl

A 603 is the least powerful processor used in PowerPC based Macs. Anyone who has a G3/G4 Mac has more than enough to run CM. You may need a graphics card if you want it to look like in the screenshots, but it's not necessary. Did that clear anything up, Carlaz?