TacOps v406AE Patch Available [WW2 Mod #5]

MajorH TacOps Developer

TacOps v406_AE update patches have been uploaded to the following support site.

http://www.battlefront.com/downloads.html

The Windows patch is titled "TacOps_406AEu.zip".

The Macintosh patch is titled "TacOps_406AEu.sit".

A. Download and then Unzip or Unstuff the patch file for your OS.

B. Then read and carefully follow the instructions contained in the file "Instructions & Copyright.txt". This is not an auto installer. You must manually copy/move each file from the patch folder to a precise location in your TacOps4 folder - so as to replace any files or folders of the same name.

This patch is only for the retail editions of TacOps v403 through v406AD. Do not apply this patch package to TacOps v3.x or to any military version of TacOps - permanent damage will result. This patch is comprehensive for TacOps v403 through v406AD so there is no need to retain or install any previous patch.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

A minimal (3 meg) version of the TacOps v406AE update is also available

for the convenience of users who have already applied the previous v406AD patch.

http://www.tacops.us/support/

The Windows minimal patch is titled "TacOps_406AEu_Short.zip".

The Macintosh minimal patch is titled "TacOps_406AEu _Short.sit".

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Below are the changes that have been made to the TacOps4

program since v406AD (the last official release).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

v406AE

User request. Added the following unit types:

AU ATGM Javelin Team (Contemporary)

GM Gun AT 88mm F36 (WWII)

GM Gun AT SP 88mm Elephant (WWII)

GM Gun AT SP 88mm Elephant+ (WWII)

GM Howitzer SP 105mm StuH42 (WWII)

JP Howitzer 70mm Type 92 (WWII)

RU Gun AT 45mm M37 (WWII)

RU Gun AT 45mm M42 (WWII)

RU Gun AT 57mm M41 (WWII)

RU Gun AT 76mm M42 (WWII)

RU Gun Howitzer 76mm M42 (WWII)

RU Howitzer 122mm M1938 (WWII)

Note. RU Gun AT 76mm M42 and RU Gun Howitzer 76mm M42 are the same weapon, the difference in TacOps is that the first type is limited to direct fire while the second can also do indirect fire.

User request. Added two more personnel to the AU SAM RBS70 Team.

User request. Changed the armor penetration of the WW2 Generic Heavy Mortar from 40 to 45.

Developer. Changed ammo load for all WWII non SP mortars, arty, and gun howitzers to 50 rounds.

Bug fix. The program failed to immediately update the time displayed in the game clock window after the "Options/More Options/Change Game Clock Time" feature was used.

[ November 08, 2005, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: MajorH TacOps Developer ]

Anyone with the name Comanche should know if; any of the games through here have actual Helo Sims (flyable) in them? I see in the Picture on TacOps4 has the Helo?

I was referred to here as a suggested outlet to find or have one recommend to me where I may find some or a good Helo Sim(s).

Would appreciate any recommendations from yourself or any Member.

Thanx much,

Wheels

>There seems to be a change, in the add one unit window double clicking no

>longer works. I was wondering is that on purpose, because I noticed that

>the info button was replaced with an add unit button that must be used to

>add the unit.

Yes that was done on purpose. The code for that window became much more complex due to the addition of the new WWII country and WWII IOC filter buttons. In the process I coded myself into an event reaction sequence that lost the ability to reliably sense a double click.

Two steps forward, one step back. I will eventually take the time to redo the window so that the double click selection option will become possible again.

By the way, I have decided that photos of WWII items will always be done in B&W/grayscale, even on those rare occasions when I am able to find a public domain color image. I also have a preference for WWII photos that include people or action in the frame, even when there is a less cluttered or more posed photo available that provides a technically clearer view of the primary weapon system.

At some point I will try to replace the remaining grayscale photos of contemporary items with color images so that the contemporary vs WWII visual distinction is complete.

At some point I will try to replace the remaining grayscale photos of contemporary items with color images so that the contemporary vs WWII visual distinction is complete.
Excellent. The M113 family will get their own pictures too instead of the generic M113 picture?

Some of us at least appreciate the small things. smile.gif