OT: A few pics from National D-Day Museum, New Orleans

Hello,

I had a chance to take these photos in the D-Day museum. It was my lucky day when I went there since it was the Veterans' day and everyone that had served in the army or were veterans got in for free! It didn't matter that I haven't served in the US forces.

There weren't very many vehicles there. Just a halftrack, a jeep, a motorbike and two cars and of course the assault boat. It was allowed to take photos in there as long as flash wasn't used.

The main part of the museum concists of small arms exhibition, video feeds, multimedia shows, large photos etc. I haven't visited other war museums except this and the Finnish Tank Museum so I can't compare it very well to anything. Anyway, I liked it and would like to go there again. They are going to open a Pacific section next year, if I remember right.

All in all New Orleans was a great experience. The Bourbon Street became very familiar.. (those Hand Grenades in The Funky Pirate are quite strong biggrin.gif ).

assaultboat.jpg

halftrack.jpg

halftrackfront.jpg

JV

Hi JV,

Glad you enjoyed it. Nice pics you have posted. I wasn't allowed to take any ...

Those Hand Grenades are serious stuff! The Funky Pirate is a great place, and I guess you know this character btw:

bigal.jpg

I am currently working on a few pages with pics from my trip to the Big Easy. Have a look here, more to come soon.

Best regards,

The Adder

adderlogo_tn.jpg

------------------

"The Germans are such a cruel and inhuman race; they have no word for fluffy"

He he, the famous Big Al smile.gif And he really was a BIG man! But what a show they had. He made fun of one girl of our group the whole night and the people just loved it smile.gif And I think she loved it also, even though (or because) the talk was quite sleazy biggrin.gif

And the other pictures from Bourbon Street look familiar also, but unfortunately we didn't have a chance to visit very many other places there.

JV