Yeah Yeah Yeah, some people got it and others dont! Either way we got STUFF on CMHQ!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Geez, this forum sure is getting busy again! But we gotcha covered no matter if you have the game or not.

FOr those that do we have a new Historical Scenario for you to sink your teeth into. This one is again featuring S/SGT Lafayette Pool and is a nice armored assault against some stugg German Defenses near the West Wall. Of special intrest is that some of Pools suriving relatives recently contacted Wild Bill and cleared up some slight inaccuracies in Bill's original Historical Overview. He has made the changes and I posted the revisesd version in both Maastricht scenarios.

If you don't have the game then you can still read the Anaylsis of each side from Fionn Kelly or simply browse this past weeks POTD archive which was also updated.

And wheter or you have IT or not you will want to have a gander at tongihts POTD as Kwazydog goes us a tastey preview of what lies in store for you in the Mad-Dog Mod Pack-2 also coming soon!

So enjoy and have a great weekend!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

It's still the same old story,

A tale of love and glory,

A case of do or die.

The fundamental facts apply,

Netscapes a slice of POO Pie.

I presume you want us to let you know when Netscape is misbehaving? The site works fine on IE but in Netscape you only get the two header ads and it stops loading.

BTW, do both players in a PBEM game have to have the scenario in order to play?

Thanks,

Joe

Guest Madmatt

Ok, which page this time? Please be as specific as you can!

Thank You,

Madmatt

p.s. I didn't say there wouldn't be any updates this weekend rob/1, i just said to HAVE a nice weekend... wink.gif

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Hay how can a person with out CM have a great weeked I ask?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spelling and Grammar lessons perhaps? wink.gif

By the way, the Netscape (POO) issue should be resolved. Let me know if any other pages come up blank on ya!

Thanks!

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-23-2000).]

Sorry Matt, it's the title page for TGN's CM section:

http://combathq.thegamers.net/

And just to be even more annoying, it's still not working on this PC's Netscape. I get the TGN logo, then two ads for something to do with recycling and it stops.

And Buckeye, if you'd use a MAN'S computer ... JUST KIDDING, IT WAS A JOKE, DON'T YOU PEOPLE KNOW A JOKE WHEN YOU HEAR ONE! With apologies to Gene Wilder

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Sorry Matt, it's the title page for TGN's CM section:

http://combathq.thegamers.net/

And just to be even more annoying, it's still not working on this PC's Netscape. I get the TGN logo, then two ads for something to do with recycling and it stops.

And Buckeye, if you'd use a MAN'S computer ... JUST KIDDING, IT WAS A JOKE, DON'T YOU PEOPLE KNOW A JOKE WHEN YOU HEAR ONE! With apologies to Gene Wilder

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smile.gif Good for you. BTW, supercomputers are not for humans: they are for supermen!!

Guest Madmatt

Odd, Joe as nothing of worth was changed to the front page...Hmmm... Try it now and let me know what you get but this sounds like just another nail in the coffin of Netscape to me!

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Hay how can a person with out CM have a great weekend I ask?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same way I am. A few months ago I agreed to go to a retro revial metal show with Motley Crud, Anthrax, and Megadeth... Sounded like a good goof so I said yes and a ticket was bought for me... then the game came yesterday.

I am going as anyone waiting for the game would act... Grimly determined to get through the next few hours until I can get back to my PC... Damn me for laughing at the Nokia people about the PCM wireless modem they were hawking not too long ago to my corproate overlords...

Beats me then Matt, I'll reboot and see if that makes a difference. I'm only running 64 Meg of RAM and sometimes it does goofy stuff when I've been on a while. Thanks for trying.

Oh and my other question was whether both players need to have a particular scenario in order to play it PBEM?

Joe

Hey, Joe, I'll let the crack about Macs slip by. Real men don't feel the need to defend their choice of computers. wink.gif

I have found on occasion that the site will only display the ads when I use Netscape, but all I do then is ask the site to load again, and then it works. Hope it does for you too.

I tried that too Buckeye, both refresh and reload and no good. Also tried it this morning and same thing. Oh well I guess I'll use IE to see the site.

And I apologize about the Mac crack ... I shouldn't be making fun of the mouse button impaired crowd smile.gif

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

Sorry my suggestion didn't work. But what do you expect from a PC? Netscape doesn't behave as well for you guys...it's a Microsoft plot.

Mouse button impaired? I've got plenty of buttons. No one-button girly mouse for me! wink.gif

Guest Madmatt

Hey Joe, try the Annex, does that come up for you???

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest Madmatt

Ok, I tracked the problem down. It was in the Nav-Bar and I think I got it all worked out!

Please try one more time and again report back success/lack of...

Thanks.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest Madmatt

Errr, I haven't 'DONE' anything since my last post so Freyland whatever was causing you to not hit the site was either somehting on your end or with TGN.

I actually got my Netscape to 'NOT LOAD' the page for once and thats how I tracked it down to the Nav-Bar but I am not sure why you still can't see it.

I will keep looking though, thanks for the feedback guys!

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex