Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Feature or Bug?

My friend and I are playing a PBEM Operation. On the second battle out of 5, we declared a cease fire.

I had expected the operation would advance to the next battle, but it doesn't. On the operation summary, it indicates that *one* battle has completed out of five, readjusts our lines, and continues with battle #2.

Is this because the cease fire was declared or is this a bug?

I've played operations before. At the end of the first battle, it should advance to the second battle (same map, perhaps shifted). At the end of the second battle, it advances to the third, etc.

We were in the middle of the second battle when it ended abruptly by a cease fire. Were the battle to complete (15 turns), it would have continued to battle #3.

Because of the cease fire, it *did not* continue to battle #3 of the operation, but stayed on battle #2.

I want to know if this was intentional or it is a bug.

Nope. Battle #2 never "ended" (went the 15 turns), so it seems to be redoing it with whatever forces are left.

On the summary screen, it said "1 battle completed out of 5". With the Cease Fire, I would have thought it would have said "2 battles completed out of 5" as we were on the 2nd battle.

It's not giving reinforcements again, it's just not advancing to battle #3.

I'm just curious whether this was on purpose or not. Lines have been re-adjusted based on troop positions. Perhaps the cease fire is considered to have lasted only an hour or so, thus it is considered the same time of day for operational purposes.