Maximum number of turns

Sorry if this is an old question but I searched and could not find any info on the topic. I was wondering how many turns can you put into a scenario? Is there a maximum limit one can have when making a scenario. Just curios. This is my first time posting but I have been frequenting here for a couple of months now and am looking forward to the release. I pre-ordered a couple of months ago so I am ready to go!

Thanks for any info. smile.gif

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

If memory serves, I think its 120 turns (2 hours of playing time). Per scenario of course.

Now "Operations" can last over a few days, but each engagement won't be necessarily right after each other. There will be some time in-between to "rest and refit" your men and equipment.

Hope that helps.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Ha! Speaking of which...

I'm not an expert on historical engagements in CM's scale, but take for instance, the 40 turns (minutes) in CE. Would an engagement of that size really only last for 40 minutes?

On the other hand, I guess it would, because it can be played out in less time. But it seems to me that there wouldn't always be that mad rush to contact. You know, alot of sitting around and waiting. Or is that the time in-between engagements in Operations?

These are just some of the things I sit around thinking about in my spare time, and believe me, I've got a lot of it! biggrin.gif

------------------

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering."

--Jedi Master Yoda

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

Ha! Speaking of which...

I'm not an expert on historical engagements in CM's scale, but take for instance, the 40 turns (minutes) in CE. Would an engagement of that size really only last for 40 minutes?

On the other hand, I guess it would, because it can be played out in less time. But it seems to me that there wouldn't always be that mad rush to contact. You know, alot of sitting around and waiting. Or is that the time in-between engagements in Operations?

These are just some of the things I sit around thinking about in my spare time, and believe me, I've got a lot of it! biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

B&G,

From my own experience only, MOST of the firefights I was in (against the NVA) lasted less than an hour. Not all, but most...An example, the Invasion of Cambodia..five fights on one day...none for the next two...two more the next day, and so on...

There were exceptions...at the seige of AnLoc (where we were the beseiged) we fought nearly every day for a few months...tho that "fighting" may be anything from a probe to an all out attack against us with NVA armor support. Then there is the arty to consider...shelled every day, or thereabouts. (If memory serves after all these years) smile.gif

My own opinion is that a commander takes his objective as best he can...sometimes that is with some rapidity, other times it is with more caution. Obviously it depends on his force mix and the force mix he is facing, plus terrain, weather, etc. But keep in mind that in the CM context we are usually employing units that are part of a more general organization, even if it is locally a "tidying" operation or in response to a breakthrough of varying size. If you don't take Reisburg quickly, then an envelopment a few miles away by another part of your Division may fail...(or any number of other related actions in your part of the war)

Another factor is playability. I'm confidant most real attacks weren't pressed as hard as Cm attacks will be. It's common to read that regrouping the company took 15 minutes, or they waited 30 minutes in the middle of a fight for armor to show up, etc... That would be boring to play, so you can design the scenario to have armor show up on turn 10, instead of turn 45.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aacooper:

Another factor is playability. I'm confidant most real attacks weren't pressed as hard as Cm attacks will be. It's common to read that regrouping the company took 15 minutes, or they waited 30 minutes in the middle of a fight for armor to show up, etc... That would be boring to play, so you can design the scenario to have armor show up on turn 10, instead of turn 45.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that is kinda what I was referring to.

And ARCHANGEL, yes, that's what I figured also.