A.I. Scenarios

juan_gigante

I am considering buying this game (will play demo tonight, but I think I will enjoy it), but I was wondering about something. I prefer to play games single player against the A.I., and I wanted to know how well that worked with TacOps. I understand from the page that the TacOps A.I. only works on pre-made scenarios included with the game. This is okay, but I wanted to know what the selection of said scenarios is like. Are there a lot? Are they good? Can I at least change OoB within them if I keep same map & objectives?

Also, on a slight tangent, what is the scenario editor like? What powers does the user have?

This game looks really great and I hope to be joining the community soon! (Hell, I might even get off my high-horse and do some multi-player. Umpire and multiple people on a side! Be still my heart!)

The upshot answer:

- You cannot make a scenario from scratch that has AI.

HOWEVER....

- You *can* modify the factory scenarios that have AI, of which there are several dozen at least; and the modifications can be pretty extreme. As long as you alter the AI's forces so that units are replaced by similar units, it should work. Replace Red's T-80s with M-1s or T-55s, no problem. Replace them with mortars, though, and the AI still thinks they are tanks.

This means you can completely turn a scenario on its head, playing Gallagher with Soviet equipment vs Red playing with M-1s (albeit in a Soviet organization).

Umpire Tools -> Change Units and Weapons is your buddy in this, but be warned there is no undo feature.