Daimler won't use it's MG?

Try as I might, I can't get even a tiny squirt out of the weapon. frown.gif

Tried it buttoned, tried unbuttoned. Tried from far, tried against

a screck 30 meters away. It just won't open up.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I doubt it.

Something which might be related.

I noticed a Stuart not opening up on infantry in the open (distance<100m). Only fired main gun, not MG. The Stuart was firing on the inf. for at least two turns.

I also had some shermans (E8, and Jumbo's) who did use there MG's from farther away.

Joeri

It can be other things....My 2 AC's weren't using MG's. One however had a crew cas. and that apparently affects use (although I'd expect a crew on the battlefield would man aleast one weapon) and the other had simply run out of ammo. Felt foolish after cursing at them for so long.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

I had the same problem the other night. Neither of my vehicles would use their MG's. both had ammo and neither were damaged or taking gun fire. I rolled them up to cover holes in my line of defense. I didn't think much of it at the time figured it was other factors that I couldn't see but now that someone has mentioned it it could be a problem.

Randy

Guest Madmatt

Okay I have been testing this extensively today and I can not replicate it. Granted, the build I have is newer than the Public Beta but Charles didn't think he made any changes to this part. In a test scenario I have Daimlers, MMG carriers and Humbars happily blazing away with MG's. I did notice that the Daimlers seemed to prefer the 40mm until I gave them a target command and told them NOT to use the main gun. At that point they switched to the coax. I will mention that to Charles as I am unsure which is more effective, the 40mm AP or a MG. I would think the MG but I may be wrong.

Many of these vehicles loose the ability to fire MG's once they sustain a casualty, so be sure to have a look there.

Madmatt

Remember

Guest Madmatt

Something else I noticed, Humbars BURN THROUGH AMMO!

In my test battle I had two Humbars that were out of ammo by turn 8. Now in this test they were pretty much in a target rich environement but this is something esle to look at and a factor that is commonly overlooked.

Madmatt

Arrgh!!

Humbar? Humbur? You'll have to try harder, the best variant I've seen here so far is "Humbler". But in actuality the name would be Humber. =P The name most likely originates from the river in east central England which runs into the North Sea.

Oh, and while I'm at it, the German GP car is not a Kubelwagon, made of wood and pulled by horses – it's a Kübelwagen. Wagen = car. Kübel = bucket. Kübelwagen = Bucket Car.

David

New map!button.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Arrgh!!

Humbar? Humbur? You'll have to try harder, the best variant I've seen here so far is "Humbler". But in actuality the name would be Humber. =P The name most likely originates from the river in east central England which runs into the North Sea.

Oh, and while I'm at it, the German GP car is not a Kubelwagon, made of wood and pulled by horses – it's a Kübelwagen. Wagen = car. Kübel = bucket. Kübelwagen = Bucket Car.

David

New map! button.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess Ill start using Humbur just for you then David.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Okay I have been testing this extensively today and I can not replicate it. Granted, the build I have is newer than the Public Beta but Charles didn't think he made any changes to this part.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope he did. It certainly doesn't sound like the game I'm playing.

Looks like there's more to it than just the few cars.

I've now seen 2 tank destroyers refusing to area fire with HE.

They just stood there for 2 minutes, targeting lines visible.

A wasp I ordered to burn a squad in a building 50 meters away, just targeted for a full turn.

MMG carrier refused repeatedly to fire. So did a Churchill.

Although I did get them both to fire eventually. Not a total block.

This stuff worked for me in 1.05.

BTW, I did tell the daimler to not use the main gun. No crew casualties or anything.

Humbar burning through ammo doesn't sound bad right now. frown.gif

ok so last night I went back and played the scenario were I had the problems and low and behold they were firing left and right at anything that moved soooo with head bowed I ask forgiveness...there must have been some other factors that I did not see that contributed to them not firing.