Another odd thing

In a PBEM game I close assaulted an immobilized M20. A veteran squad and a HQ buttoned it up then another veteran squad assaulted it. That squad fired a panzerfaust but missed. I think my men were very nervous because the M20 was TWO meters away. There was an immobilized M18 there but I didn'i care for it because I thought my men were protected by the M20 but unfortunately the American crew didn't think so and fired its gun killing a men. It seems the shell went trough the middle of the M20 like the Panzerfaust did. Please remember BOTH vehicles were immobilized.

BTW did someone hit something with their panzerfaust?

I've never hit anything confused.gif

View?u=108434&a=793361&p=29257480&Sequence=0&res=high

[This message has been edited by Fernando (edited 09-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

Are there duds in the game?

Maybe the PF was a dud. (?)

It's hard to explain a 2m miss, your squad wasn't green or conscript, was it? Probably not.

confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a veteran squad frown.gif

BTW BTS claims that a shot failing to hit or ricocheting its targer can hit something else. It's a bit odd the M18 shell didn't hit the M20 frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Fernando (edited 09-26-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> It's a bit odd the M18 shell didn't hit the M20<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knocked out vehicles do not provide any sort of cover or concealment (unless they are burning and then the smoke will possibly block LOS).

There are quite a few extensive threads on why this is the case in this forum. Basically that is just the way it is for CMBO and it will not be changed in a patch.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 09-26-2000).]