Two Questions

1. Are mortars allowed to fire out of woods? I ask because I just cant get the indirect fire feature to work. I am linked to company HQ who has LOS to target and try to drop mortar shells on him from behind in woods and it just wont fire. Someone explain!!! I saw the AI was set up this way when I was Allies and those mortars fired from woods.

2. I has seen now, a few times, US infantry just run right through my barbed wire and not slow down....Whats up???

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>1. Are mortars allowed to fire out of woods? I ask because I just cant get the indirect fire feature to work. I am linked to company HQ who has LOS to target and try to drop mortar shells on him from behind in woods and it just wont fire. Someone explain!!! I saw the AI was set up this way when I was Allies and those mortars fired from woods.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it worked for me.just target w/the HQ,then

place the mortar target cursor exactly

where the "line" from your HQ unit ends.

targeting the "unit" dosen't work.

just play around with it,you'll get it.

easier with area fire.

------------------

"you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run........"

I've also noted that sometimes units aren't slowed by barbed wire. The only reasoning I came up with for this was that maybe the first units that pass through the wire are pressumed to 'cut it' open or something similar confused.gif

Mch is right for the mortars - it just takes practice wink.gif