Multi-player RPG underway *update*

For those of you interested in trying something like this in the future. I thought I would post an update.

The process of multi-player is working great. The ploting of moves, saving the game and sending to the next person works without a hitch. It really is something you ought to try. My fellow German comanders are enjoying it so far. Great fun playing as a team.

I thought I'd include some taunting that has started (by me wink.gif) on our public e-mail list.

As you will see the Allied comanders are scared Silent. I believe this is due to them being overwelmed by the might of the German Army.

Lorak

*******Greetings Herr Allies,

I want to take this oppertunity to apoligize

for the lose of life that is soon to be inflicted upon you. I will take responsibility for a small part of it.

I of course realize that it is no fault of

your own that you find yourselves in our Europe. It is bad policy on your leaders part to send you into an unwinable war. Truly, How anyone could think they pose

a threat to the Fatherland is beyond belief.

Your Parents and communities are also to blame. By being too weak to stand up to their leaders and protest this action.

Your countries are dropping to the level of

criminals, sneaking in the night, trying to

steal what is ours by right.

Truly I am saddened that honorable warriors

such as you find yourselves in this position.

Since we are all men of honor, a brotherhood

of warriors so to speak. I will grant you

quarter. I realize this war was not your choice and am prepared to releave you of your responsibilty in it.

So you may surrender now while my hand of

truce is offered, or continue on with your illegal campaign and face obliteration.

The Choice is yours.

Sturmbannfuhrer Lorak

From Hauptsturmfuehrer Wittman,

To: Those in league with the evil of World

Communism and protectors of terrorfliegeren.

I, on the other hand, feel my bataillionfuehrer is being excessively kind.

He's a nice fuehrer but, unfortunately,

merciful.

Any nation which can send terrorfliegern to

cowardly bomb my estates and family businesses can expect no mercy from my

Kompanie.

One hint: England is about 200 miles to your

West. I suggest you return there while you still can.

SS-Hauptsturmfuehrer Wittman

To: SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Wittman

Merciful? Tis to laugh...

Actualy I was expecting to find an enemy that I could respect on the field of battle.

Sadly this has not been the case. When I see how the allies have wasted their countries resources, and have raised an entire society of uneducated pawns, and are forcing them to exicute their failed policies and plans...

Well, it fills me almost with pity for these lost and confused children we face.

I know they are just backwords, uneducated kids that are lost and in need of guidence. I only offered them a solution. If they surrender, we will take them into our care, teach them, and show them the errors of their ways.

However if these children continue to act up, then the Fatherland will have no choice but to punish them. Such as any good parent would.

An easy choice really.

Surrender and become good children of the

Fatherland.

Or continue with disobedience, and be severly

punished.

SS-Sturmbannfuhrer Lorak

I volunteer my Kompanie to help "teach" them the errors of their ways Herr Sturmbannfuehrer.

Perhaps, in the teaching, they can help my men refresh their bayonet practice wink.gif. I hear we've been getting a little "rusty" wink.gif.

LOL Hauptsturmfuhrer Wittman,

I'm sure your men will find a good use for their time after this battle wink.gif

As for the allies....What do you expect?

We have heard no word from them. The Children must be lying in a fetal postion in the woods, crying to go home. Funny how they pump their egos up, raining terror from the skies. But when forced to face us on the ground they curl up and hide in silence.

SS-Sturmbannfuhrer Lorak

Perhaps the cat has caught their tongues?

I suggest that, when we capture the pitiful remnants of their forces that we subject them to DETAILED dental examinations sir. Perhaps we could find out what is wrong with their tongues? Or maybe it is just their courage and spirit as you suggest sir.

It's hard to believe anyone could be as cowardly as they but, well, everytime I think they've plumbed new depths they do something even more cowardly.

Ps. They won't have Jabos will they? *shudder* wink.gif

to be continued............

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

So no one will say I'm Biased. Here are some American Comments too...

I'm surprised... only took them 1 day for their "ball" operation to take effect and post.

Meanwhile over in the more sedate American camp a young private, fresh from the ReplDepl, sits and worries about all the horrid things he's heard the Germans are planning to do to him, courtesy of a blaring

loudspeaker located somewhere on the East side of the town. He turns to a slightly more grizzled sergeant, doubtless a veteran of numerous run ins with the vaunted Weeermacht.

"Is it true Sarge?" he asks, a slight quiver of fear and panic seeping into his voice, "Are we really the undisciplined sons of a morally corrupt and decadent culture? Have our countries really wasted their resources to send us, poor, backwards and uneducated kids all the way over here just to curl up in the woods and cry because our cowardly Jobbo's can't fly in the rain? And... do they really have rusty bayonets?"

The sergeant fixes the petrified youngster with a piercing gaze, hacks, spits, stubs out his Lucky Strike on his worn out boot and says, "Don't pay them no never mind son. This sort of thing worked real well for 'em back in 1940 with the Frenchies so they keep on trying it. And don't worry about their bayonets, rusty or otherwise. The only time I've ever seen one is when you strip the prisoners of their gear! Now back to our German lessons, when one of these SS fellers says "Kamerad" to you, what does it mean?"

The private concentrated then blurted out the answer, "My father was a Trade Unionist and my uncle was a member of the Communist Party, please don't shoot me!"

"Got it in one!"

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 08-02-2000).]

[...]

"Now back to our

German lessons, when one of these SS fellers says "Kamerad" to you,

what

does it mean?"

The private concentrated then blurted out the answer, "My father was a

Trade Unionist and my uncle was a member of the Communist Party, please

don't shoot me!"

"Got it in one!"

This was what Lt Johnson heard while passing in review his men on the

eve of the push forward toward the village. He thought about it for a

second then called for his Sergent to come closer.

"Sarge, I appreciate you keep these youngbloods cheered up tonite but

remember though that most SS are fanatic criminals who are a shame

even for their country. I would not mind if you use one more bullet

at their heads. Only do not scare the kids and do it swiftly: just

pretend you did not get that one "Kamarad" and saw a grenade at their

hands instead"

"I understand Lt" replied the Sergent "although it is still a tough

job the one you ask me to do"

"Sure it is Sarge" replied the Lt "but think of all those kids and

women who died their heads crushed under SS boots and you'll react

with no hesitation" replied the Lt, still vivid in his mind the

horrors he saw in just few years of his assignment to the Western

Front. "I value more the pennies it cost one of my bullets than any

SS life" and that cut short that evening conversation while the Lt

walked away with a sadness veil in his eyes "Take a good rest,

Sarge", "Yes Sir, Thank you Sir" was the Sergent reply and though

about at the few more bullets he surely will fire tomorrow without a

second though anymore.

Indeed it was going to be a long night with the screaming in terrible

English of SS paranoids in the ears while catching a nap on any of

those long nights in the Western Front.

To: american CO's

So be it.

No quarter will be ask, none given.

You wish a battle to the death then? I say NO!

Instead I will give you a battle to the pain.

You may ask yourselves "battle to the pain?"

Let me explain...

First we will cut off your hands, then your feet, then will move up and cut off your nose, cut out your tongne, and cut off your scalp.

Your eyes and ears I shall leave.

So from this day foward, wherever you go, what ever you do. You will see and hear the screams and looks of horror as children look upon your hideous forms. As they turn to beg and cry of their mothers why such monsters exsist at all.

This is the Pain you will experience from this day foward.

Hauptsturmfuhrer Wittman called me merciful...

I laugh. He has not been under my command long enough to see the wrath I shower upon my enemies when so provoked. Enjoy your last meal and day among men. Because from this day foward you will live away from mankind in darkend sewers like the rats you are.

SS-Sturmbannfuhrer Lorak

(Night.......Moonless......only distance sounds of battle can be heard. Suddenly the Amis can hear the German message voiced through hidden loud speakers.

ATTENTION......ATTENTION.......AMIS ARE YOU THERE? ARE YOU FRIGHTENED??

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD STAY BEHIND THE LINES TO BE BREAST FEED LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN, LEAVING THE BATTLE TO TRUE MEN?

DO YOU FEEL THE COLD STENCH OF DEATH KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR?

ARE YOU AFRAID TO MEET YOUR SUPERIORS? SUPERIOR MEN WHOSE CALLING IS TO RULE THE WORLD FOR A 1000 YEARS??

(Night.......Moonless......only distance sounds of battle can be heard......except for the whimpering of frightened American GI's

The Lt was walking the short path in the dark to reach his Company spot and shook his head.

Maybe it was really true that when you're facing SS you have no choice than using till your last bullet.

He made a promise to himself that night: he would hold his line and ground with his men no matter what. He will have not surrendered to the SS troops. For what? To save his life?

He hoped the loud speaker would suddenly break or that the SS at the other side of the microphone would have realized that he could cry all night long: that would have had no effect on the issue of the coming battle .

And he kept walking... certain that the task he had to accomplish tomorrow - and if life permitted - the day after tomorrow and the day after that - would have brought to his son at home, a better world, and to all sons a better world for the same 1000 years to come the SS was shouting about in the dark.

He kissed his darling wife picture, the one of her holding their baby. He silently prayed God and reached his post. Tomorrow would be another day in the Western Front.

To: allied CO's

From SS-Sturmbannfuhrer Lorak

well... It seems battle is about to comence. I had really hoped that you would reconsider dying for your lost cause and run home.

Now that we are on the eve of this great struggle, (for you anyway), I hope that history finds honor in all combatiants on this field this day.

Sieg Heil

SS-Sturmbannfuhrer Lorak

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 08-07-2000).]

To: Axis SS-Hauptmannfuhrers

Dear Enemy,

although you should by now be slowed down by the mixture of urine and excrements your pants are for sure filled by realizing that indeed you HAVE to fight for your life and that all your talking did not pay you **** - well, you have plenty of it for free now, compliments of US Army - you still are fast with your tongue. Get ready: you're facing your nemesis.

History will hardly spend a statement on the quick debacle your units are facing. What historians will have to write?: "Axis forces

came along, got beaten up badly and in few minutes they went up in smoke." Not worth the ink.

Go back, face it. You've lost already.

But feel free to keep talking, SS-Sturmbannfuhrer, at least your men will die the ears full of it.

Col. Hawk

Umm, I really thought I had posted it.

Like I said.. I'm not being Biased here at all... I'm using this more as a diary of all the taunts.

Sadly It does seem that I left that one out. I thought it was funny too. smile.gif

If you have it saved, Please feel free to add it here.

SS-sturmbannfuhrer Lorak

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

a little news for those on cheering for the allies.

From Commander Hawk:

"YEAH, good shot Sarge" - the crew couldn't tell whether their

Sherman was still shacking because of the aftershock from two well

placed 'candies' or from their excited eruption of joy and relief.

The now burning Nazi tank and contorted wreck flak were the result of

good judgement, courage, and fighting skills.

The crew had very clear in mind what to do and how to react under

pressure and their trust on their COmmander certainly reached a peak

in those moment.

The Sherman commander Sgt. Miller was anyway unaffected by all this.

He had seen that and more during his service time and he knew the

Nazi tank Commander was more a fellow than an enemy. He knew the

pressure coming from being responsible for the lives of his crewmen

and the task to accomplish. He prayed not to make mistakes in the

minutes to come. Life and death was a matter of being few yards too

much in front or behind.

He put his mind back into work and ordered "Now reverse a bit and

let's go under cover. We have to play the cat role against these Nazi

rats, boyz".

"You know Sarge" went Cpl Jameson, " I guess we took out their

loudspeaker too with those kills. Indeed more than SS soldiers they

looked like an entertainment team of clowns". The crew erupted in

laughs and the tension of the battle subsided a bit. Sgt Miller

smiled "Good" he thought, "the morale is sky high. We are gonna need

that".

The Shermam started to back off the crest and the search for another

rat to kill started again.

It was one of those moment in a cold rainy day in the Western Front.