Imperial Stormtroopers

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

The best of the best. The most elite, dangerous soldiers ever! When is someone going to create a Star Wars mod for CM? I want White Stormtroopers and the Emperor's Red guard. but who is going to make them? I want to kill me some Ewoks! You could have Rebel scum with white helmuts, and those cheesy brit accents.

Are you kidding?

I am not a Star Wars junkie, but if the Stormtroopers are the ebst the Empire had to offer, it is no wonder they got their butts kicked.

What a sorry, ignorant, stupid bunch of soldiers. They are like a bunch of lemmings. I mean, lets get real. They got stomped on by a bunch of freaking overgrown gerbils armed with sticks!

Jeff Heidman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

Are you kidding?

They got stomped on by a bunch of freaking overgrown gerbils armed with sticks!

Jeff Heidman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you putting down the fighting prowess of gerbils and other hamster-like folk?

------------------

"You know our standing orders. Out of ammo become a bunker, out of commission become a pillbox, out of time... become heroes." - The Beast

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Of course I was kidding. But it is possible to change how the infantry look in the game right? It would be funny to see. Or when CM3 comes out someone could do a Dune mod with Freman and Harrkonen soldiers.

Jeff....

According to the books, The storm troopers were very skilled soldiers (who by the way hade taken over most of the galaxy). But it is a rebel hero movie. When have you seen hollywood ever make the evil people seem intelligent.

To put this on topic. How many WWII movies have you seen where the germans wern't midless kiling robots (and stupid ones at that?)

Lorak

------------------

Proud commander of the CCT's Chinchilla Commando Teams

Lorak, to call them "mindless killing robots that were stupid" isn't doing them justice and, basically, isn't correct.

as a recent poster enlightened us, this has to be perfected to "mindless killing robots that were stupid and evil".

if we talk history, we gotta keep to the facts.

Mr Johnson, inventor of america's only true tactical light machine gun of ww2, your idea is an interesting one. I have already done a smiley, a teletubby and a PINK PANTHER mod. it shouldn't be hard to do the stormtroopers, since they are all white. but I must admit that both my artistic skills and my enthusiasm for doing a detailed mod is somewhat limited, so that the result will leave you wanting, I fear. I would also need IS pictures.

But it is real easy, anybody can do graphic mods, just open the *.bmps in Paintbrush. if you have pictures of stormtroopers etc, just convert them to bm, resize them and insert them for whatever uniform you want to replace. again, ANYBODY can do CM mods.

[This message has been edited by M Hofbauer (edited 08-30-2000).]

OK so I'm dating myself, but why not put some Cylons in there while you're at it.

"By your command."

Talk about slow, useless troops. Laser beams that are so slow people can dodge them. I see a trend in Hollywood TV shows!

biggrin.gif

How would you mod phaser rifle fire, I doubt that it could be done.

What about the vehicles in the microgame G.E.V., while you're at it? Floating armoured vehicles, infantry with power armour. I'm not going to suggest anyone model an Ogre, I don't think the game scale would allow it.

eek.gif

patboivin wrote:

OK so I'm dating myself, but why not put some Cylons in there while you're at it.

At least their poor accuracy can be easily explained: how well would you shoot if you had only one eye that bounced around like a ping-pong ball?

- Tommi

patboivin: WOW, I'd forgotten about OGRE and GEV... Another cool game that I loved yet sucked at. That would make a pretty good game, 'CM Style' or otherwise.

I'd always thought 'Car Wars' had potential too... The real drag about it was you never got a sense of speed, what with it being broken down to tenths of a second. A PC would allow you to see the action once it was over - replayable from any angle. However, the gameplay might be tricky.

Sorry for the O/T ramble.

GAFF