Unit Kills

Guest Seadog

Guest Seadog

I have yet to see any of my units get credit for infantry squad kills.

Is this an error?

In two cases I have played scenarios where multiple enemy squads have been eliminated. When I try to check kills I find none of my units have been credited with any kills.

Something killed the bad guys.

------------------

Paul

I might be wrong, but I think that the kills are only credited for enemy infantry which was fully identified (i.e. you can see their manpower and experience). Anything with an ? is not credited, even if you - as the player - see the kill.

The reasoning is as follows: only when the enemy infantry has been fully identified, the location of each member of the enemy squad is known (and therefore individual kills can be verified). Before that (even if you know it's a "squad?"), you wouldn't know who shot what...

In some cases kills won't show if the 'Killing' unit can't confirm it's results. This is why you will see MG teams hammer away at a unit from far away and not record anything, same thing for mortar crews.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Seadog:

I noticed this myself and posted such a "bug" topic in the Tech Help forum.

I understand that units shouldn't be credited during the game with kills from unidentified units, but I feel they should be at end of game, when you can walk the map and see all details of all enemy units.

Dar

Good point Dar.

I haven't checked in the full version, but I noticed in VoT that after the game, when FOW is turned off, my units seemingly were not credited with all of their kills.

For example, I had an 81mm FO hammer an infantry platoon located in the woods. It was really zeroed in, and used nearly all of its ammo. At the end of the game, I was able to see that this platoon was nearly decimated. While I am sure that some of their casualties were caused by other troops, my FO showed zero casualties caused.