Umm, Are we all still Alive? Yea! Y2K bug exterminated at CHQ..Saturday Update

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Well, seems we are still here! Oh well now I have to figure out what to do with all these generators and bottled water! wink.gif

Ok, to make up for yesterdays rather slim offering, we have a veritable BUFFET for you this morning.

First up you may remember a nice little AAR written by Mr. Leland J. Tankersley (I spelled it right this time). Well we now have the AAR from his opponent John Hough. See them all and the associated movie files in our After Action Report section.

Yesterday we posted links to 3new fog and night shots. Well we have added a fourth and put them all into their permanent home in the Screenshot Gallery under the new Page 2 of Night and Fog section!

We close out the century and today's update with the final installment of Fionn's very usefull Artillery Quick Tactic which is nestled in the New Features index page...

Thats all, now get moving!

Madmatt out...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-01-100).]

The Y2K bug didn't take down this forum, Matt, but the CM demo didn't seem to weather it well. Loading up a saved game showed the buildings as roofless and unable to split its levels when occupied. So I wiped the saved games, deleted the demo, reloaded it from the zip, and it seemed to clear up that problem.

The new problem now is that I can't save anymore with the Alt-S command (just changes sound settings instead as if hitting only the S key).

Just posting these findings for reference.

Ed

Most likely something in my computer then, but it shouldn't be ruled out as a possibility to other computers. (I have a Dell PII 400 that is defined to have compliant hardware, and did every Windows upgrade priorhand.) Best to keep watch.

Guest Madmatt

Just ranthrough all 3 demo scenarios again to check on what was mentioned above and I have seen NO problems. Perhaps you may need to check with Dell to see if there is a Bios upgrade for your system or it may have just been one of those things...

But, all seems well...

One more thing, with the S key thing you mentioned, I have seen that as well and it was usually becuase I had shift-lock and did not notice it. Some have said that CM doesn't like the NUM LOCK on either but that causes no problems on my system.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-01-100).]

Just fired it up again, and no problems this time with the scenarios. The save function is working, the multi-level buildings aren't "locked & chopped". So it seems that something internal to the computer has cleared itself. Well, as before, I am keeping watch.

Ed