No CM, So CE, One More Time and WOW!!!

Oh so sad, no CM delivered today. What should I do? Play the Gold Demo of course. I've never played the Ami in CE, so lets have a go. Unfair though it be, my intel knowing the Germans composition, I still played it with no advantages to either side...

My digital GIs looked at me with long faces. "Oh no, we got to fight this again?" was the murmur through the ranks. I demanded no complaining and setup my green clad warriors. Moans floated down the ranks as run orders were given to all.

The battle started with my troops in position first, most aimed at the church and a platoon covering the wooded hill with the victory point area I concede to Germans for start of battle, tanks all lined up ready for some fun.

The germans started to appear and to my delight, the entire line opened up!!! Now that is what I call concentration of fire. When the Stug's showed, the result was two brewed and one knocked out with no Sherman losses. Oh boy, its going my way now.

After obliterating forces approaching the church, it then shifted to that wooded hill. I was prepared. The three 60mm mortars opened up (spotting by HQ units) and the woods caught on fire (first time for me)!!! When the reinforcing platoon arrived, it was brought up to those woods with two other platoons, then a mighty charge of tanks and infantry occurred. WOW, what an impressive sight. Lines of infantry with tanks just behind firing their guns.

The end result was 99 to 1 score. Tally of losses:

Germans

3 StugG

199 casualties (51 KIA)

32 captured

Americans

8 casualties (2 KIA)

Knowing what the other side will do was unfare. I need some new meat. Give me my full version! Please be here tomorrow!!!

Slowly I turn to face my digital GIs. "Oh No! Here we go again! Geez General Kump, give us a BREAK!!!"

Once more into the breach!

------------------

Garry Kump

Sorry, I mean, knowing the dispositions is unfair, not unfare, whatever that means.

Nothing better to do but wait and proof read my posts, and hope one day I'll post enough to become a true member.... smile.gif

Well, unfare wink.gif or not, it still feels good to get those high 90s scores. But I'm with you... I'll trade in my high scores for some unknown enemies and a real slugfest to the end biggrin.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Well went to the mailbox today and..., you know, no luck. With a sigh of no joy, I went back to the old stand by. Chuck another notch on my rifle sir!

PS. Maybe you should up the opponent’s side to get more of a slugfest going.

Up the opponents side? Well, I would have sir, but this was my first time with the Americans and I was... well... a little nervous. Hmmm... guess I forgot about the advantage of good intel and familiarity with the field of battle!

Its now time to do as you say. Max it out and watch the lead fly! But I sure hope tomorrow I'll be watching different lead from another scenario!