And on the Sabbath the lord said to me 'Get offa your Butt and Update CMHQ, Slacker!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

So that is what I did! And now you, the paying audience gets to enjoy the fruits of my labor!

Combat Mission is gorgeous and you know that! Why do you know that? Well cause I told you so! Pay attention! Need more proof? Fine, head over to CMHQ and see for yourself as I have added 8 new pictures taken in 1600x1200 resolution from the most current beta build that I have. Be sure to check out all the new uniforms on display as well as a cool event which happened with a deflected and shattered Sherman shell.

I also give all you fledgling Scenario and Map designers some food for thought in your placement of Bunkers in todays POTD.

So head on over and stay for awhile! We always love company!

Just be sure to wipe your feet first! wink.gif

Madmatt cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Madmatt

Colin,

They have different hair color because they are different faces! Remember? wink.gif

I am glad you guys liked the pictures. Every time I play I see something totally cool!

And soon, you will too!

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

I don't recall which shot it was, but one of the "8" screenshots has what looks like a large black "N" in the background. I may have missed this as a new addition. Is there an option to display compass directions on the 3D view in the final game? or was it placed there by an alien? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lobo (edited 04-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lobo (edited 04-16-2000).]

Guest Captain Foobar

Dangit!! hehee, you didnt finish the story!!!

Did that HQ unit succeed in close assaulting the King Tiger??? I'm on the edge of my seat here!! smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

Ok, let me address a few of the questions that have been raised in this thread:

Hair Length: Get a life!

Compass Feature: Yes that is displayed and has been in for quite a long time but I try not to show it as I prefer more 'realistic' POTDs. the Compass is NOT toggleable. It is always displayed but is not too big at all. Its positioned a few hundred meters past the map edge so if its foggy or dark you have to scroll around to see it, pretty cool actually.

Fate of the HQ unit: as soon as that shell shattered and they 2 took those too hits they routed back into the woods. After the KT knocked out an additional Sherman or two he direct fired HE into the woods and killed both that HQ unit and several other infantry men nearby. There were 4, FOUR seperate close assualt attmepts on that King Tiger but they all failed. In the picture you see a squad in the background runng, that was the results of an earlier attack. While the KT is rather blind I had support in the form of a MG 42 and a submachine gun heavy squad just the other side of the King Tiger providing close in support. The Navertiwhatever also fired at least twice during the engagement and while I didnt see any casualties caused by it it did cause some troops to think twice about staying nearby. Seemed to act more like a suppresion system rather than some sort of CIWS system.

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hair Length: Get a life!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok Maggets! smile.gif There's no hippies in my army. Your heart may belong to Jesus but your ass belongs to the corps!

Now hut hut hut over to Ronalds Barber shop ladies.

http://www.tyler.com/barbershop/index.htm

ccook.jpggothorn.jpg Haircuts are just *$8.00 and the same for a shampoo.

*Prices Subject to Change.

[This message has been edited by iggi (edited 04-17-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

AGhhh!! eek.gif Look at that long haired Jesus Freak! Go back to Canada ya Hippie!

Now THIS is short hair!!!

bald.jpg

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-17-2000).]

Hell, I recently went 6 months or more without getting my hair cut. Sadly it wouldn't grow down past my ears so it looks like I'm destined never to fully achieve the raging blonde viking warrior look ;(.

Finally got bored waiting (and listening to my SO going on about my long hair) and got it cut. Not quite as short as either of you hairless apes but still...