A few qeustions about a possible Sequel...

First off... I have downloaded the demo and I must say that this game is the best war game I have ever played. Everything has been done right. I wish the big companies will learn something from this.

Also, I have a qeustion that I have been craving a answer for. I am a big fan of WWII war games but, I would love to see a game about the revolutionary war or the civil war using the combat mission engine. Will we be seing this game in the future?

I think the next sequel is based on Alfred Hitchcocks hit movie "The Birds" and after that the CM team will be applying the engine to make "3D Quilting Tourney".

Seriously, all the talk has been about WWII with possibly a future hook into Modern combat. Of course this is really a BigTime question but I think they are going to be busy for the next couple of years making me updates to the CM game in WW2.

By the way: If they do finish making me "CM2: Fire in the East" (or whatever it will be called) then I will let everyone else buy it also, just so I can have someone to play PBEM with.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

-----------------------------------------

Submit your article to: www.slapdragon.org/midnight

----------------------------------------

I was thinking "Quest for Fire". It would be quite a challenge defending your cave against the Cromagnan's and Neanderthals. And who can forget the rear area tactical maneuvering at the creek before the apemen attacked. I mean, that's realism! smile.gif

This game engine could be applied to just about any time period though I believe BTS has invested quite a bit in armored data, and it would take a quite bit more to rewrite the code for horsees. But hey, the Pacific, (Steve - THE PACIFIC!..., Korea, Vietnam, maybe even the World Trade Center demonstrations. The possibilities are limitless. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

BTS just doubled their staff!

Now they will be twice as fast. No, maybe one and a half times as fast, now they will have to hold meetings to keep track of what's going on in their company. The local pub will get crowded!

I think they will be busy for a while with WW-II modules.

Then they are going to do a sci-fi version, called Ewoks' Revenge. It will be a blast!

Modern warfare may follow, after all the important modules have been done.

smile.gif

Being the trailer-park living, beer-guzzling hick that I really am, I'm hoping the next CM in line would be "Combat Vision: Beyond Springer"

In this fascinating theathre of rehersed hick-bashing freak-loving combat, you get to participate in the many "colorful" Jerry Springer shows!

What could be more exciting then throwing a well placed chair at your boyfriend who dumped you for "that bi@tch Rosa". And how about buying off the guard named Steve to look the other way as you flank past the chairs and Blitzkrieg into the latest troupe of transvestite strippers who love each other's cousins but are already married to their sister in law!

Complete with realisitc background sounds of hooting and cheering "Jerry-Jerry-Jerry" coming from the drunken audience members.

Truly, this is the way to go!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest barrold713

For Civil War action the series that I have played recently are Sid Meier's Gettysburg and Antitam plus Talonsoft's set of games.

Sid's games are the most fun but looking at them post-CM, I have so many wishes for them alas...

They are quality programs though and there are updates and additional scenarios available at the Firaxis website.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Guest Michael emrys

I think the CM engine would be absolutely perfect for outdoors game hunting sims. Think of it: "Beyond Butterfly Collecting."

Michael

The sequel will be CM2 Russian front of course.

However i was hoping they would make a Warhammer 40k game using this engine.

The game would be awesome to play, as using the BMPs, people from around the world would make there own armies in different camo and colour.

40k is a good game, its a futuristic game with similar things like tanks, snipers etc.

6+ races, hundreds of different weapons etc.

As i have asked BTS if they would make a game like this. No reply yet frown.gif

Some of u might go what a load of crap!!.

U cant make everyone happy but this game is big in alot of countries.

I have got a few mates who all play CM and whom used to play 40k strangely enough.

The whole CM game seems quite similar to a game of 40k to us.

We are all WWII fans as well, we all love to wargame. 40k used minatures on a tabletop with home made terrain, and was to an extent a game of similar size to that of a 1500 point CM game.

Painting these figures and tanks has made us all keen mod makers and not just in CM but other games as well.

40k has been made into two pc games that have sucked because they have failed to make a realistic battlefield, one that really suits the game. The CM one is perfect. The whole setup is perfect for it.

BTS has really done well making a 3d kickass tactical game that is unlike most games really awesom. But the question is what other games will come from this? And will other games companies make similar games?

I love CM and whether they make a game we want etc dosent bother me too much but it would be nice to have something different and varied from WWII.

But yeah whatever happens CM rocks the house!!!

I feel lucky to be playing one of the revolutionary games of 21st century.

I would disagree with 40k. This is because 40k is essntially a small unit skirmish game and would be more suited to a decent 3d realtime engine.

Secendly CM uses realistic physical mechanics you can hardly say that for the Wrahammer universe (and may also be a afront to the grognards who play this game - I play both).

Thirdly is the question of licensing.

Pucker

Guest Warphead-

Maybe not a translation of the 40K rules but a game playing in the 40K-universe with the CM engine. It WOULD be sweet. I thought about this too... *g*

The license will be a big problem I suppose. GW is not known to be a charity-organisation wink.gif

As has been discussed in past posts, the Eastern Front will be next followed by a few others dealing with WW2. But I sincerely hope BTS takes a serious second look at doing the Pacific theater. It wasn't just jungle warfare...which I think would be pretty interesting to play; talk about line of sight obstructions... wink.gif

------------------

Webmaster

http://www.trailblazersww2.org

http://www.vmfa251.org

I also assume CM2 would be russian front. is there any evidence of this from BTS?

If they did move into other areas my wish list would be for ancients. the we go would suit this well.

As a general point, one failing of the computer wargame market is its focus on the US. It is easy to find an ACW game but try finding simulations of many other interesting periods.