YANG - Yet another newbie gamer

Hello future opponents, just thought I'd delurk and post a hello and pose a question. I've been fiddling around with the demo on a 5yr old 200mh box with only 4mb onboard my video card!! Gah! Nothing like watching 4 second frame delays trying to cross the map (but it's better than nothing). At any rate I wanted to get a warm fuzzy from you guys about whether my new machine (arriving today) with a 16MB AGP graphics card should be able to handle the game smoothly? Now when's that CM box gonna show? smile.gif I should be up and running by the weekend for some combat tactics lessons from you all.

Boozer

*hic*

PS. a special hiya to old AW targets that remember me, hey Kitty, Fletch and Furball!!

check 6!!

I'm using a Voodoo3 with 16MB on my Pentium Pro 200MHz system (512k cache). I run at a resolution of 1152x864. I find the frame rate to be acceptable. My system struggles only when there's a lot of smoke in play. Of course I'm used to pushing cardboard counters around a paper map or using VASL, so speed isn't a priority. smile.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop