System Requirements

Hi fellow Grognards,

Have followed the discussion board fairly closely over the last month or so but haven't come across much discussion on PC system requirements. Have downloaded and played both Beta & Gold demos and the graphics are very wishy-washy and not clear like the POTDs which I have been seeing on the CMHQ.

I currently run a P2 400 (with a PC100 motherboard)with 32 MB Ram and an old Diamond Fusion 16MB AGP Video Card (with also an older Voodoo 2 card linked).

Any suggestions on upgrading Any/All components? Am hoping that a Video card upgrade will do.

Thanks in advance.

Guest hunt52

More RAM is good - 32 really dosen't cut it these days, 64 or 96 is a must... that would be my suggestion.

- Bill

I agree that more RAM would be a good idea. I also have an old Voodoo(banshee)16meg agp card. My graphics are very close to the potd shots except I can't get the translucent smoke/buildings. what do you mean by wishy washy? faded? too bright? color off?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I'd definately go with a RAM upgrade up to at least 96 or 128 MB. Windows 98 takes almost 32MB to run. Then I'd look for a newer video card. A TNT2 works just fine with full transparencies and all.

------------------

"When in doubt....shell."