Help! The dumb Mac user here made the explosion graphics disappear!

What the mess did I do???

One of the features I most appreciated in the full version of CM was the snazzy explosion graphics. Then, I DLed the custom replacements and they were even better! But now, I botched things up, and all I'm getting is the good ol' fasioned "shock wave" explosion effect. I'm really ticked off because of it.

I'm hoping some fellow Mac user might be able to help me. What I think I did was this: recently I DLed some ATI 128 updates off of the apple website, and also an OpenGL updater. My current ATI stuff was more recent than the stuff I DLed, so I just installed the OpenGL stuff. I think somehow that botched things. I just uninstalled it all, but I still have the stupid concussions rather than the pretty explosions. Any ideas?

------------------

busboy

CO, 99th Dragons

A Warbirds Squadron

'We will heat you up'

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we would grow too fond of it."

-Robert E. Lee

You could start off by making sure that you haven't toggled off high-quality smoke (Shift-I). The explosion bitmaps won't appear if you have low-quality, or no, smoke.

David

button.gif

------------------

Guderian's anger was monumental. He struggled for words. "To say that the troops are to blame – look at the casualties!" he raged. "Look at the losses! The troops did their duty! Their self-sacrifice proves it!"

Hitler yelled back. "They failed!" he raged. "They failed."

On a hunch, I tried the smoke thing, and it worked. I log on, and David has already proven what a CM newbie I still am wink.gif Thanx for the quick replies you 2, I appreciate it!

------------------

busboy

CO, 99th Dragons

A Warbirds Squadron

'We will heat you up'

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we would grow too fond of it."

-Robert E. Lee