Anyone live in Franfort

My plane leaves for Venive in 3 hours. There is the threat of thunderstorms here. I am supposed to have a 1 hour lay over in Frankfort but if my plane is delayed too much I might get stuck there. Any of you in Frankfort want to show me the town if I get stuck?

Oh man, I just moved out of germany in November man to go to the Netherlands, was only about 30 mins away from Frankfurt airport. Depending on how long the delay is they have a great train system that runs to and from the city, I am pretty sure it was the U-bon(???).

If you go through the Netherlands give me a call 043-408-5530, and I'll show ya around.

Have fun and good luck man! smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Wish I could. Frankfurt was like home to me. Check out Sachsenhausen if you don't get any takers (trains, of course, are excellent).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I remember having a lot of fun in Sachsenhausen, but the memories are a little foggy.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

It is soooo like you to run out like this at such an important time, you insufferable swine.

At least I will get the game before you. Which, I guess is revenge enough.

Peng

Happy Anniversary.

------------------

I'm talking and I can't shut up!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

I think I remember having a lot of fun in Sachsenhausen, but the memories are a little foggy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too much Äppelwoi I presume? That stuff is deadly, but good for your digestive system...

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Too much Äppelwoi I presume? That stuff is deadly, but good for your digestive system...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Sachsenhausen is a sink of depravity and temptation. One minute you're innocently sipping Äppelwoi, the next minute you're on to the Handkäse.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't thought about that stuff for awhile. I was addicted to it. Not being one to pound beers, and liquor being occasionally out of reach on E4 pay and somewhat "punishing" I discovered apple wine, Hanau-style.

If y'all think I'm talking about Boone's farm or something, forget it. This is like a hard apple cider/lemonade with a kick.

Wasn't that the ingredient in the Gluehwein, the hot spicy stuff in winter?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Haven't thought about that stuff for awhile. I was addicted to it. Not being one to pound beers, and liquor being occasionally out of reach on E4 pay and somewhat "punishing" I discovered apple wine, Hanau-style.

If y'all think I'm talking about Boone's farm or something, forget it. This is like a hard apple cider/lemonade with a kick.

Wasn't that the ingredient in the Gluehwein, the hot spicy stuff in winter?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glühwein is,IIRC, made with cheap red wine and spice mix -- they actually sell the mix in teabags -- and is like hot sangria without the fruit. Heads right to the brain cells it does.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Glühwein is,IIRC, made with cheap red wine and spice mix -- they actually sell the mix in teabags -- and is like hot sangria without the fruit. Heads right to the brain cells it does.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never get drunk on Glühwein - it is less painful to slowly hammer a nail into your forehead. Or poke a needle in your eye.

Ever had Äppelwoi to go with Schnitzel with Kochkäse? Specialty of the Odenwald - yummi. The next day you would have lots of time to read the manual... Back to cover and back again...

------------------

Andreas