Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Stupid Tank Question

Could a Tank drive THROUGH a house?

Before I sound like a total idiot... the reason I ask is because my ONLY memory of Squad Leader is back when I was watching a game while at the local library. I remember that in the turn I watched, one of the players drove a tank INTO (the inside) of a house, and then fell through the floor into the basement/celler.

If they could... why can't we smash through houses in CM?

Just checkin'

No that is gamey not realistic. You can't even drive through a destroyed building.

------------------

--------------------------

Fight for you right!

Rob

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Could a Tank drive THROUGH a house?

Before I sound like a total idiot... the reason I ask is because my ONLY memory of Squad Leader is back when I was watching a game while at the local library. I remember that in the turn I watched, one of the players drove a tank INTO (the inside) of a house, and then fell through the floor into the basement/celler.

If they could... why can't we smash through houses in CM?

Just checkin'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes tanks could drive through a house the problem is just as you described above I have read several reports where Tigers drove through buildings, in most cases the Tiger ended up in the basement biggrin.gif.

As well as other AFVs that drove into wrecked or partialy destroyed buildings to use as camouflage and fireing positions Ie, 1 was a Marder useing a farmhouse, in Normandy IIRC another was Nashorn in the East useing a church etc but by no means was it a common practice wink.gif.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the

German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. Febuary 1945.

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 10-15-2000).]

It isnt worth simulating.

Tanks would lose antenna , etc. You stand the chance of falling into a bassement or detracking. If its a hut or such a small structure as seen in russia, yes.

A better tactic is to poke your gun in a window and fire. The blast would be incredible.

I wouldnt want crap falling on the back of my tank and reducing engine cooling or effing up air intake.

other than that, why do you ask?

Lewis

He He...

I figured there had to be some good reasons why it was not simulated.

But James Bond drove a tank through several buildings, monuments, cars, trains, etc in Goldeneye!!! It must be realistic!!! wink.gif

(Disclaimer: Not that I have anything against Bond... I'm a huge fan... but I just know alot of Grogs had to be groaning at the tank scene. But then Grogs always groan at something, don't they?)