Flaming Vehicles and Spreading fire

Hi Guys my apolgies if this has been addressed _ but I've beenhere a while and havent seen it yet eek.gif

WhatI would like to know is: In the final version can fire spread from one unit to another, or one building to another.

Secondly, can u push a flaming vehicle without penalty

Thanks

SSPL

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

SS said:

---------------------------

WhatI would like to know is: In the final version can fire spread (...), or one building to another.

---------------------------

Would be cool, but would also need it's limitations. You wouldn't want a whole forest to catch fire on a hot and sunny day, and not only because your CPU won't like it. Your troops might not like it either.

[This message has been edited by Juju (edited 05-05-2000).]

I agree, but i think the real risk is in the ammo/fuel of the KO'd vehicle lighting up.

I would like to see flaming vehicles exploding at random intervals. Anyone near it (friend or foe) would then suffer the effects.

Just a thought

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well, here's my opinion. I may be mistaken, but here goes. Isn't the "brew" effect for AFVs just a representational graphic? I mean, I doubt it has the same properties as fire, ie spreading from vehicle to vehicle or building or trees. Now also, I think that I read somewhere that if a multi-story building catches fire on the lower level, that the fire WOULD spread to the higher level. But I think that fires are bound to a single object with no "jumping" to other objects.

Actually I have a question about how much pounding does it take for a terrain feature to catch fire, or what triggers the fire. Like sometimes, a house will catch fire instead of being destroyed. What determines that?

Yeah as for "secondary" explosions on AFVs, that would be very cool. cool.gif We've discussed this before, but it still is interesting. Even if it means to delay the brew effect a couple of seconds after the AFV is hit instead of immediately. Steve, I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to code in later in a patch. wink.gif You could also make it a random occurance, you know like immediate sometimes, then others at 3-5 seconds later. smile.gif Of course I'm speaking of what we know from the Beta Demo, this could already be in CM for all we know. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-05-2000).]