What my father said about Combat Mission

Guest Captain Manieri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dumbo:

To me the campaign systems are the feature I am most interested in in any wargame which is why the SP series has still never left my HD as it still has the best Campaign system IMHO.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. The campaign system is the core to any good wargame. However, in the EF,WF and RS the linked campaigns and scenarios are much better than the dynamic campaigns. The interface just makes moving a large number of units very tedious.

I think the experience during the CM campaign issue has been stated before. Basically the campaigns are short in CM (IIRC)lasting a few days rather than months or years. It is therefore doubtful that units can gain significant experience during this short time to change their intial experience ratings. However, it would be nice to implement a longer campaign with core units that experience.

Allan

Interesting I NEVER play scenarios in any wargame I buy (except the CM demo in which I had no choice). To me the campaign systems are the feature I am most interested in in any wargame

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. The campaign of a wargame is critical. I just like the scenarios and linked campaigns in the series (EF WF and RS) rather than the dynamic ones. Anything above regiment or battalion size is just too tedious due to Talonsofts's interface IMHO.

As far as CM units gaining experience, I think Fionn has stated that the campaigns in CM last days, not weeks or months. Therefore in theory, the units would not gain enough combat experience to warrant a change in their levels thoughout the campaign. However it would be nice to take a core force and lead them through a longer campaign and allow them to become seasoned vets.

Allan

Me too smile.gif

ALl my interest will be in operations for sure - would be nice to have a random Operation generator

PBeM'ing a nice long Operation will be bags of fun!

I don't think your units will last long enough for them to continue from operation to Operation biggrin.gif Besides core unit system, always make you baby your units wink.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 02-21-2000).]

Actually if you check out the gamesdomain preview they have a picture of the scenario generator. Which looks like a good step towards our dream. Perhaps we could pursuad Fionn or Mad Matt to post some screens showing the CM campign screens so we can scour them for features and curse them both to hell for having a beta copy smile.gif

Perhaps we could pursuad Fionn or Mad Matt to post some screens showing the CM campign screens so we can scour them for features and curse them both to hell for having a beta copy smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea...about the posting of screenshots. If you curse them both to hell that just means the devil will get to play CM before we do which would really burn me up (pun intended)!

Allan