Another King Tiger camo mod

When I apply your excellent new schemes, will all of the tanks look like the ones on the pictures or will the computer randomly select colors?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

kingtigerpic2.jpg

download ~ http://www.negia.net/~jshki/kingtigergrun.zip

and here is a bluish-gray version of the same one above: http://www.negia.net/~jshki/kingtigergrau.zip

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-13-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many shades of green can one do for an allied tank? hehe. Actually I've been thinking of trying to put sandbags/treads/teee branches on a sherman.

Can not model it though so it'd have to be a texture. Not sure if this would look good.

Does anyone know if the allies used any color on their tanks besides olve drab?

-johnS

Guest dirkd1976

I realllly want these mods........but the links keep coming up "page not found". Can anyone point me in the right direction? Where can I download these?

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

Not sure if this would look good.

Does anyone know if the allies used any color on their tanks besides olve drab?

-johnS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes the US used camouflage on tanks but it was rare Ie, the 2nd Armd Division had all its tanks camo'd in Normandy. The colors used were hand painted for the most part; feild drab or earth red applied in wide bands or wavy lines over the OD base.

But this was rare because the AFV loss rates were so high; it was easier to leave them in standard OD, then try to paint all the replacement AFVs. So applied camouflage was used more on soft skins.

The best Camo I think for US Shermans & TD's is a good application of mud & dust barring foilage wink.gif as it fits the period pictures quite well biggrin.gif.

Regards, John Waters

-----------

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!".

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 08-18-2000).]

Apologies. If you want any of my mods just drop me an e-mail. The road-dust shermans and road-dust british tanks are done as well. Supposed to be at the Combat HQ site sometime by the end of the week. If not just e-mail me smile.gif

-johnS