BMP Directory Choice

A suggestion for allowing full use of the plethora of BMP mods available. Perhaps BTS could incorporate a way to allow specification of which directory to look at for BMP files. That way, a player could have multiple directories with different combinations of mods, without haveing to reload or re-shuffle files between selections.

I mentioned this in another thread, but here goes: I created 3 BMP directories and named them "old BMO", "new BMP" and just the regular "BMP". I integrated the best of what was out there into the new BMP folder and left all of the original stuff in the old BMP folder. Because each set of mods have something better than the next, I took a bit of each and put them into the regular BMP file. I still like the default grass textures best (the others are too detailed for grass, in my opinion). This way I can go back to the "stock" old BMP if I need to or search through the new BMP folder for some more textures..... I guess it sounds stupid, but I find it's pretty easy just to rename each folder to BMP if I want to see what they look like in the game....

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

Guest *Captain Foobar*

You guys are probabaly the right ones to ask.... I need to get my cool explosions back! All I have right now is the original chunky explosions!

I have extracted the latest 3d fire&expl mod into my bmp directory, to no avail.. frown.gif

I think it is 1700-1729, and they show up. But in game I still see the old ones. Isnt that wierd?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HijackGMH:

A suggestion for allowing full use of the plethora of BMP mods available. Perhaps BTS could incorporate a way to allow specification of which directory to look at for BMP files. That way, a player could have multiple directories with different combinations of mods, without haveing to reload or re-shuffle files between selections.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want several BMP directories the write a DOS batch file that renames your directory to BMP then launches the CM exe file, when CM finishes the directory should be renamed back to the original name.

You may want to write 1 sophisticated batch file or several to cater for your alternatives.

Imagine you have two BMp directories called

c:\cmbo\hiresGrass

c:\cmbo\neatPanther

and you wanted to play with hiresGrass, you would have a batch file that went something like this

ren c:\cmbo\hiresGrass c:\cmbo\BMP

combatMission.exe

ren c:\cmbo\BMP ren c:\cmbo\hiresGrass

exit

with a similar sort of thing for neatPanther.

Try it, if you get stuck send me an email