tank downloads?

Guest Zulu1

The_American_Blitzer,

There are no downloadable programs to add hedgerow cuttters to American tanks.

All tracked Allied vehicles are assumed to have Rhino cutters attached. I.E. they can go thru Bocage. German tanks can't.

You can't enhance minefields. What is in the game is in the game. There are mods out to enhance graphics.

If you are talking about hacks then you will have a short and unpleasant stay on this forum. Hacks are cheating and will make you a pariah.

If on the other hand, he is talking about mods so he can customize his single player (or even multiplayer when all are in agreement) experience to better fit with his conception of the realities of WW2 combat, then more power to him.

I do think (and i know this has been argued before, so we can all agree to disagree) that one of the few things that could have been done better with the game (and there aren't many!) is if it had been customizable...let us edit at least some of the basics and if people really want to get in depth and start changing armor values and weapon penetrations, then mkore power to them!

Not everyone agrees on the effectiveness of equipment or its functionality in the real world...it would be great if users could modify it to fit their views (much as different users have done with the close combat games...god knows those needed a lot more help than CM ever will, though).

Again, I know it's been hashed out before, but I stand firmly in the camp of those who want user modifiable data and not just images...it's such a huge plus for the game community.

There are easy ways to prevent the modifying effecting multiplayer games without their agreement (though in my mind the best way is to only play with people you trust in any case, as they'll always find a way to cheat).

Best,

Onnel

>If you are talking about hacks then you >will have a short and unpleasant stay on >this forum. Hacks are cheating and will >make you a pariah.

Guest Mortiis

In response to your question blitzer the only thing that can be changed is graphics- there is some interesting threads as to why this has been done and for the most part I agree. Though I would like to see the ability for people being able to create new units- but not be able to edit the old ones- plus we need more land textures

[This message has been edited by Mortiis (edited 08-05-2000).]

To allow the ability to edit the unit attributes opens up the pandoras box to hackers. If someone feels that the data or values are wrong, then present the documentation backing up thier view and submit it to BTS for review. If BTS allowed the modification of unit data, might as well throw out multiplayer for me because cheating would run rampant.

Not if a message came up that said your opponent was using non-standard values (and listing them precisely). Similar to the warning you get when one side's forces has been bumped up. Might work. Don't really see a need for it though.

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikeydz:

To allow the ability to edit the unit attributes opens up the pandoras box to hackers. If someone feels that the data or values are wrong, then present the documentation backing up thier view and submit it to BTS for review. If BTS allowed the modification of unit data, might as well throw out multiplayer for me because cheating would run rampant. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that this game is attracting frequent "mainstream" attention and sales are skyrocketing,it is only a matter of time before the cheats and hacks start showing up on the net....it is enevitable as the game becomes popular(unknown "cult" games don't really attract hackers but popular "game of the moment" ones?....... just look at all the most successful big games...all hacked to buggery...enjoy it while it is still pure...

Sad but true....