Last POTD's while Matt's away

Well, Colin Put the first one up on his site, but I reposted it on the club also.

This is a series of three that show a nice artillery grouping.

enjoy

1st) KT's on parade

2nd) fireworks

3rd) aftermath.

IIRC there were a several spotters during this one, using a lot of diffrent guns. From small caliber stuff to naval guns.

You can't really tell by the pics but the KT's in the hit area and a ways outside of it were all immobile to say the least. You don't see any brew-ups due to the HE being used.

Lorak

------------------

-------------------------

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. Without my rifle I am useless. Without me, my rifle is useless...

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 03-11-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Actually, I believe they are JadgPanthers. I originally thought that those were JadgTigers a while back myself, because I thought the Tiger chassis had that "pointy" engine compartment, but just the opposite, it's the Panthers that had that feature. The JadgTigers have an totally different design for the gun housing.

Hope that clears this up.

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 03-11-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

Actually, I believe they are JadgPanthers. I originally thought that those were JadgTigers a while back myself, because I thought the Tiger chassis had that "pointy" engine compartment, but just the opposite, it's the Panthers that had that feature. The JadgTigers have an totally different design for the gun housing.

Hope that clears this up.

Yes it certainly does clear it up, however you are WRONG on the vehicle ID's! wink.gif

Sorry my friend but they are indeed Jagdtigers. How do I know? I took the pictures and built that scenario...

Madmatt

p.s. I suppose my odd naming of the pictures didn't help matters though... frown.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 03-11-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yes it certainly does clear it up, however you are WRONG on the vehicle ID's! wink.gif

Sorry my friend but they are indeed Jagdtigers. How do I know? I took the pictures and built that scenario...

Madmatt

p.s. I suppose my odd naming of the pictures didn't help matters though... frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, sorry. I DO stand corrected!

While trying to look up the "mystery" weapon being discussed in the "If I had a rocket launcher.." thread, I stumbled upon the vehicle in question here in my "Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two". BUT I swear that I looked at a web site that had the two and I think the WEBSITE had them bass-akwards! So yes, my initial intuition was actually correct to begin with!

Guest Madmatt

I am trying but having just spent the last 7 days on a ship at sea make working on a non-swaying computer desk a little...nauseating..I am trying though...Getting through the 300 plus emails is taking a few minutes though. wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net