CM Preview Now at InsideMacGames

From the article:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

When some of our units fell, marked as "eliminated," we drove-on, rabid to defeat the enemy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

confused.gif

- Bill

to me.. thats what a preview article should read like. Very well done.

Some things i'd like to ask questions on.. But i'm almost out of cool points smile.gif

Lorak

------------------

-------------------------

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this is mine. It is my life. Without my rifle I am useless. Without me, my rifle is useless...

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

"ambushing a foxhole" wink.gif

You mean you haven't heard of the Mark 12 Panzerkampffoxhole ? It was the latest in armoured infantry protection in 1944. Came with optional top cover and a ring-mounted AA-MG.

It's shocking how many gaps in knowledge there are about these German V weapons *sigh*.

What I liked was: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>trees and small buildings provide adequate shelter, but grasslands and planes are usually deathtraps.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can understand being leery of open grassland... I guess I'll avoid "planes" at all costs, too.

Pretty nice write up, all in all. And they let the cat out of the bag: February release! Guess I'll take tomorrow off... biggrin.gif

Actually, this is based in fact, sort of. (the ambushing of foxholes). During the Commonwealth advance into Burma 44-45 the Japanese tended to hide themselves in foxholes in areas they thought that the British would send tanks and troops. In the foxhole sat, under brush and twigs, a sole Japanese soldier, a hammer, and a HE shell. They would wait for someone to get near, and just like Bugs Bunny when he tested shells for the army, he was hopping for a dud :)

From the article:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Vehicles and soldiers leave trails in snow, wind and rain impact your aim, and night makes stealth attacks easier.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, weren't there discussions some time ago about why vehicle trails were so hard to do? And wind impacting your aim? confused.gif

Throw in the reported February date, and I'm not how much of this article to believe. But, there's always tomorrow to prove me wrong. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Off the top of my head the errors are:

1. Feb release date. The reviewer asked me a LONG time ago when it might be released and forgot to get that updated smile.gif

2. Trails in the snow. Definately not in now and not going to be for the technical reasons sbg2112 made mention of.

3. Wind is not simulated at all.

4. Ambushing foxholes is an obvious one wink.gif

Steve