Is that a Panzershreck down your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

Guest Mirage2k

Guest Mirage2k

smile.gif

I'm just curious. How much does a Panzershreck or Bazooka weigh? I know there were different models and all that, but what's a ballpark figure? I would imagine that it would be kind of heavy, relatively speaking. Obviously soldiers didn't keep them in their pants, but was there some sort of special strap/sling attachment to make it easier? I'm assuming there was some sort of backpack for ammo...

-Andrew, just bored and making curious attempts for information that he could probably look up elsewhere if he wasn't so busy not doing the work that needs to be done.

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

Excellent question. You know, I'm not sure. My guess is that it would probably compare to the weight of a modern M60 machine gun. About 20-25 pounds.

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo

I have a modified Shreck that has a double barrel and will fit snugly inside my pant leg and holds two charges. Oh what a coincidence, I have two x-wives smile.gif . Of course to make room I had to remove "mr winkie" but the by-product of that is that I don't have to worry bout a third x!... biggrin.gif

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

Guest Michael emrys

And there, friends, we have two excellent examples of what sleep deprivation can do to an otherwise normal (sort of...almost)

brain. Unfortunately, damage this far advanced is almost always irreversible. These two young men will soon be reduced to drooling, incoherent imbeciles requiring constant and expensive help just to feed themselves and perform other bodily functions. Let this be a warning!

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mirage2k:

smile.gif

I'm just curious. How much does a Panzershreck or Bazooka weigh?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to the data on a highly cited on this Board webpage, the (empty) weight of the panzerschreck was about 21lbs. and the bazooka was @13 lbs. These are rough, I'm simply not up to translating the 9.2kg for the one, and the 6.2kg for the other. There were different incarnations of each of these weapons available, but this seems to be a good ballpark figure.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

According to the data on a highly cited on this Board webpage, the (empty) weight of the panzerschreck was about 21lbs. and the bazooka was @13 lbs. These are rough, I'm simply not up to translating the 9.2kg for the one, and the 6.2kg for the other. There were different incarnations of each of these weapons available, but this seems to be a good ballpark figure.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just did the math. Using 2.2 lbs. = 1 kg, I got 13.64 lbs. for the bazooka and 20.24 lbs. for the Pzsk. So, the bazooka at least was a lot easier to lug around. The rounds, being smaller, were probably lighter too.

Michael

The figures from the original close combat manual are

Bazooka 18lbs (8.1kg) -grenade 3.5lbs

Schreck 20.5lbs (9.3kg) -grenade 3.2kg

the schreck had a much heavier grenade, which is probably y it was the dogs. hope this helps.

BM

------------------

"If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no plane at all it's the Luftwaffe." -German soldier, Western Front, 1944

Guest Mirage2k

Thanks for the responses.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Man:

Its a Panzershreck,and no I'm not happy to see you.. frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn.

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

smile.gif

I'm just curious. How much does a Panzershreck or Bazooka weigh? I know there were different models and all that, but what's a ballpark figure? I would imagine that it would be kind of heavy, relatively speaking. Obviously soldiers didn't keep them in their pants, but was there some sort of special strap/sling attachment to make it easier? I'm assuming there was some sort of backpack for ammo...

-Andrew, just bored and making curious attempts for information that he could probably look up elsewhere if he wasn't so busy not doing the work that needs to be done.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Private Dietz (edited 08-26-2000).]

smile.gif

I'm just curious. How much does a Panzershreck or Bazooka weigh?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Schrek weighed 20.5lbs (9.3kg) and the HC round weighed 7lbs (3.18kg).

The 2.36in Bazooka weighed 13.25lbs(6kg) & the HC round weighed 3.4lb (1.54kg).

Regards, John Waters