Colour coded unit bases.

I don't know if this is a problem for anybody else but I like to play CM with realistic unit sizes. Playing with these settings makes it a tad difficult to recognise units at a quick glance. When i've got a large number of infantry units I often find I have to click on each and every unit to find out where my engineers are etc. What if the unit bases where colour coded to match individual units i.e. brown - mortars, green - rifles, slightly darker shade of green perhaps - HQ, and so on. This obviously wouldn't include the bases for enemy units, but I think it would make it easier to recognise squads at a glance. Any thoughts?

Congratulations on a great game Steve/Charles...I'm just Itching to get my hands on it.

I dunno, I like it the way it is. It helps you to stay in the mental state of BEING THERE. You're the CO down there, you have to go look to see where your guys are, just like in real life.

Besides, you're supposed to be deploying your guys realistically, not intermingling units. Helps a lot if you keep your guys within the unit boundaries you visualized when making your plan during the set-up phase.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

I agree with Bullethead. HOWEVER, I do have a problem with the grey base color of the German units. sometimes I have trouble seeing them clearly from view 7 or 8. They would be better visible if they were a lighter grey, or some other color.

------------------

I've just about had it with sig's

-Bullethead

I dunno, I like it the way it is. It helps you to stay in the mental state of BEING THERE. You're the CO down there, you have to go look to see where your guys are, just like in real life.

Besides, you're supposed to be deploying your guys realistically, not intermingling units. Helps a lot if you keep your guys within the unit boundaries you visualized when making your plan during the set-up phase.

---------------------------------------------

I suppose i'd agree with what you're saying, the sense of being down there and all that, maybe it could a selectable option. Bases, or colour coded bases.