Any News???

Guest Madmatt

I think its this big grey four-legged animal with a long trunk and floppy ears...But my memory isn't so good... frown.gif

Madmatt out...

I guess Stephen Smith won't be starting any "Madmatt is my Hero" threads anytime soon! biggrin.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Yes, Fionn, I agree with you entirely. The idea of sychophants on this board is outrageous, just exactly like you said.

:)

Now this is a philosophical dilemma. Am I just posting this sarcastic portrayal of sychopantia proponed Stephen Smith to prove the point that it just a figment of his imagination, or, am I doing this just to go along with the now popular trend of backlashing Mr.Smith's attempt at categorizing this boards unjustified attacks against Capt_Manieri, ergo, proving his point? Hmm.

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 01-28-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Ahhhh...A light has turned on in my bald head!

Sycophant=a yes man!!!Correct?!?

What is it called when you just want to tell someone to "Eat Me!"? wink.gif

Madmatt...Sure I am sinking down to someone elses level...But at least its warm down there... biggrin.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Matt,

Yes it is and as for the other question... I believe that is called a rational response if someone misrepresents you as a certain someone might have.

FWIW I don't think you are AT ALL COOL Matt wink.gif.. In fact, I think you're a total nerd dufus wink.gif.. Hope that makes you feel better buddy wink.gif

Major Tom,

Ouch, head hurts after reading your post wink.gif. You didn't study logic or philosophy in college did you? I know people who think what you just wrote is the beginning of an "exciting" 5 hour conversation wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Fionn, yeah, am just polishing off a Minor in Philosophy right now. It starts to get too easy to talk this way. Heck, even the fact that I wrote the asaid caption might be thought of to mean that I am furthering my sychophantism even more so by adding to that fact. Even this message here could just be the product of it as well. Possibly nobody else truely exists so I might just be wasting my time anyway..

Major Tom if the possibility that no one really exists is indeed a consideration, would'nt this jeopardize MadMatts new found status of coolness? Wouldn't the fact that we are non-existant undermine the application of the United Nations charter examining the events invoking the status of coolness? Wouldn't that also mean the wait for CM was a neverending cycle, because it too would'nt exist? Argghhhhhhhhhhh what a concept did we have to go there smile.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 01-28-2000).]

Well, Madmatt's coolness can be solved by slightly modifying Descarte's metaphysics.

If one truely doubts their coolness, as Madmatt has admited so, he then must be enacting the action of doubting. In order for someone to doubt, they must have the capacity to doubt, one which would require a thinking mind. If one indeed doubts and has a thinking mind in order to doubt then one must exist, as, mind, or thinking is true existence. Since Madmatt does doubt, this proves that he does exist, wherein if he exists he is a cool guy as stated by Mr.Smith.

Premise 1

Madmatt doubts his coolness

Premise 2

Doubting proves existence

Premise 3

If Madmatt exists he is a "cool guy" according to Mr.Smith

Therefore

Madmatt exists and is a cool guy.

However, this must take into account the truthness of Mr.Smith's account that in order for Madmatt to exist he must be a "cool guy". This and the truth about the meaning of life may never be discovered within the limiting constraints of the human mind.

We could presently be existing in what many philosophers call the CM paradox. One cannot honestly recall an era in life clearly when CM did not exist, even though CM does not truely exist yet. We are presently caught in a time loop, where things are neither in existence nor in oblivion. We do not have CM, yet at the same time, we also do.

Perhaps a breakthrough may be achieved by applying a Nietzschean paradigm:

If Madmatt did NOT exist, it would be necessary to invent him.

But...

Is the board a blunder of Madmatt's, or is Madmatt a blunder of the board?

In the post-2D world, a higher type of Obergame will transcend the shallow judgement of more parochial times, and lead to a new psychology and a new era, Beyond Cool and Nerdy.

Remember: In times of peace, the militant man attacks himself.

Guest Madmatt

Mmmmmmm Madmattchi-Nietzsche-ism's

That which doesn't kill you, often mocks you in a public forum, kicks your dog, eats all your colby cheese and pee's in your bathroon with the seat down...

If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss will run away and scream "Stop looking at me!!!"

Positive and Negative...One is a plus sign, one isn't...

Death. It will suck....

And for those devote enough to know some REAL aphorisims from him:

A man's maturity-consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play.

War. Against war one can say: It makes the victor stupid, the vanquished malignant. In favor of war: Through both of these effects it barbarizes and thereby makes more natural; it is a sleep or a winter for culture, and man emerges from it stronger for good and evil.

Why yes! biggrin.gif Madmatt is schooled after all.... wink.gif

That loser in the other thread can still BITE ME though....

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Captain Foobar

Two words.

Schroedinger's Cat

The gold demo is in a state of simultaneous existance and non-existance until I see it with my own eyes.

This also applies to the contents of my refrigerator

Maddmensch: Dude, I am majorly impressed! The "bald beast", who lives to conquer and rule? (Love the abyss running away, too funny.)

-You would go unto the BBS? Do not forget thy whip!

... and come to think of it, the chapter names of Ecce Homo have got to be the new theme for the combathq updates... you gotta admit it's better than the "poo" series, and can only lead to more obsequious Mattophilia.

Foo: you mistake the impression of the gold demo for reality; it is only the perception which you perceive. The essence of the gold demo is unknowable and can only be deduced from the fact that something was perceived at all. It is the shadow on the wall of the cave, nothing more. eek.gif

Guest Madmatt

So in escence I am not in fact really beta testing CM since it is impossible to validate something which does not exist...Pity I suppose it also impossible to mail a non-existant thing as well. Hard to place the stamp...Too bad because in honor of all the cool posts to this thread I was going to mail out free copies of CM...Such a shame... frown.gif

Madmatt out...

I stood on the ledge and peered over into nothingness and felt a deep yearning inside...A yearning for...3's Company Reruns!!!! biggrin.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-28-2000).]

Guest Captain Foobar

You know, I've been fighting DAMN hard around here for the validity of encrapifying, and then "COOL GUY" MadMatt decrees it to be enPOOifying. It seems we've come full circle, you sycophants! ;p

Being previously adjudged a sycophant, I should be more clear that I would assume from previous postings that Madmatt would rule enpoo-ifying the correct phraseology.

I must admit that I do not have this from Madmatt himself.

Sycophants dare not tread in the realm of Cool Guys, CGs for short. smile.gif

I had hoped that the board would have been defecalized by now.

A sign of strong character, when once the resolution has been taken, to shut the ear even to the best counter-arguments. Occasionally, therefore, a will to stupidity.

Just say "no" to encrapment.