@#%&*!! can't remember my password

Guest Bad Ju Ju

In this day and age of passwords and PINS for hundreds of different sites/services we all use, it's dang hard to keep um strait. That's why I use the password "password" for ever'thin'. Just a suggestin' smile.gif

....say, what's this $3,600 charge to my Visa?.....

------------------

"I didn't go to evil medical school for six years to be called MR. Evil." Dr. Evil

Guest Big Time Software

Sorry Pat, we can't even do this for you. It is encrypted. For future PBEM games you should stick with one password for all games. And make it simple, like "patisgreat" smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Sorry Pat, we can't even do this for you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What else has he been requesting?

Hey Steve, since I made nice and promised to shut the hell up about most things, could I possibly get my original name back that I lost in the gold demo server crash?

I probably should have requested this sooner, as it's been 6 months or so now ...

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Heres a trick I use....

Find some box, appliance or thing near your pc that has a word written on it, and use that word... You can change to a different word around your computer every once in a while, and the answer will always be right in front of you!

And no, my password isnt Sony. I am way too cheap to buy anything Sony....

Well, I'm also prone to forget my passwords, but I've found a solution that wor´ks fine for me:

I've created a folder for each of my PBEM opponents where I download the recieving files to. I renamed them with the name of the opponent and the password for the actual game. For example "Freyland - Arty" and so on.

Sorry patboivin, that does not fix your actual problem but it may be helpful in the future.

------------------

Very strong because Mikrowaben!

Is there a way to let your opponent see your positions AFTER a pbem game without giving him your password? Some of my opponents ask me for my password after the game so they can see everything, and this "burns out" the password for this opponent. Changing passwords all the time and having different passwords for different opponents is conducive to confusion or even forgetting passwords.

Come to think of it, "forgetting" my password might be a good way to avoid the embarrassment of raising my total number of consecutive losses to ten...

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

Some of my opponents ask me for my password after the game so they can see everything, and this "burns out" the password for this opponent.

Henri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps I am missing something here, but what are they looking for that they can't get from the AAR's map?

------------------

Charlie don't surf!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Perhaps I am missing something here, but what are they looking for that they can't get from the AAR's map?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe WE missed something? Are you saying that after one player surrenders or after both players agree to a cease-fire, both players can see all the units on the map?

Henri